It’s been a while since I hopped on to The Paper Players Challenge Blog. Sandy gave us a simple sketch this week, and my inspiration came from a scrap of the “Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper” that was laying on top of my scrap basket… a perfect example that inspiration can be found anywhere. So now I have a simple sketch and my colors… what next?
My project had to be “holiday” and had to be “winter”… just because I wanted it that way. The Night of Navy and Whisper White polka dot patterned paper reminded me of snow falling at night, so I created my own patterned paper using the large snowflake stamp from the “Holly Jolly Greetings” stamp set on page 34 in the Annual Catalog. This is another stamp set that you will use again and again for the holidays and beyond. I used several stamps from the set for the inside of my card.
Here’s how it all came together:
- I inked up the large snowflake stamp with Whisper White Craft Stampin Ink and stamped only one full snowflake image on my patterned paper layer.
- Then, I stamped a few more snowflakes on the edges of my layer to create more of a pattern. The craft ink gives an opaque look to the stamped image, which is exactly what I wanted. The large snowflake images don’t blend in with the white polka dots; they look like they’re floating over the “snow”. My original DSP (Debbie’s Special Paper)!
- I hand cropped a Night of Navy flagged banner and cropped the “peace” sentiment using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits.
- A little tip to adhere those delicate thinlits where you want them… pour out a thin square inch of green glue onto a paper scrap. Using one quarter of a Stamping Sponge, spread some of the glue onto the sponge and lightly and carefully brush it over the back of the thinlit. Your delicate thinlit is ready to place onto your project… easy and quick. After I use my sponge, I usually rinse it, let it dry and store it in plastic bag to use again for this purpose.
- I added just a few white sequins to my banner and tucked a few rounds of Whisper White Thick Baker’s Twine behind the banner to help my sentiment pop and keep the look of the card “casual”.
So, grab a favorite patterned paper, add a few opaque snowflakes and a large sentiment, and create something peaceful.
Cheers for Stampin’ Up!’s “Here’s To Cheers” Clear Mount Stamp Set… and it’s part of the current “Online Extravaganza” promotion going on right now. Act fast, you can only get this great deal for another day. This stamp set is 20% off and you’ll use it again and again.
For the past two weeks, I’ve been hosting card classes and this stamp set and card was a huge success. How’s this for a holiday greeting, or a sparkling “Happy New Year” note, or even a special birthday wish… and how about adding some glitter and gold?
Same sketch, same stamp, two different cards.
- I put together both cards using a standard A-2 (5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″) card base with Whisper White card stock.
- Each flagged banner is hand cropped and measures 2″ X 3 1/2″. The banner in the first card is cropped from a strop of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (p. 175 in the Annual Catalog).
- I punched all of the circles with my 2″ Circle Punch using Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White and older Brushed Gold card stock (the Gold Foil Sheet featured in the current Annual Catalog would be just as pretty).
- The gorgeous Sweet Sugarplum ribbon is from the current Holiday Catalog. It’s full of shimmering texture and very soft.
- I added a few Fancy Frost sequins to the top card and punched a few 1/2″ circles from the Gold and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
- Sweet Sugarplum card stock and ink is a beautiful contrast to the Whisper White base.
So, find that special stamp, punch a few circles, add a flagged banner, and create something stunning!
“Celebrate, Life Looks Beautiful On you! I love, love, love this stamp set and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Did you ever just know when a you have a perfect match? The “Beautiful You” stamp set and “Playful Palette” Designer Series Paper Stack is the perfect match.
“Playful Palette” Designer Series Paper Stack from the Annual Catalog and “Beautiful You” from the upcoming Occasions Catalog were made for each other. The brush stroke patterns in the paper coordinate so well with the brush stroke stamped images.
It doesn’t get any easier than this to create a beautiful card set. The stamped images are playful and elegant at the same time; the sentiment fonts are just perfect, and the sentiments are wonderful words to share with your special friends.
“Bautiful You” will be available on January 4th with the reveal of the new Occasions Catalog and the launch of Sale-A-Bration, Stampin’ Up!’s biggest sale event of the year.
So, grab a great stamp set, find the perfect patterned paper and create something playful and elegant!