Happy Tuesday to you! Today, I followed a favorite tutorial with a different look. A few posts ago, I created a cluster of hearts using the same fun fold card dimensions and design.
One of the great things about card making is that you can use the same sketch or fun fold tutorial and put your own spin on it for a different occasion or a different look.
Today, I used the In Bloom stamp set and the FREE coordinating Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper. By now, I’m sure you all know about Stampin’ Up!’s sale event, Sale-A-Bration. For each $50 product purchase from any current catalog, you can earn a free Sale-A-Bration item from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure.
Here’s an example:
- You can purchase the In Bloom Bundle which includes the stamp set and matching dies. By the way, the dies for this are incredible!
- The price for the Bundle is $48.50.
- If you add a package of Neutrals cardstock you qualify for the FREE Designer Series Paper.
- You will have everything you need to make this card and many different versions of it.
Here’s the quick and easy “how to” for this project:
- Cut a standard 4 1/4″ X 11″ A-2 Card Base using Night of Navy cardstock.
- Score the card base at 5 1/2″ and burnish your score line with a bone folder.
- With the inside of the card base facing you, cut off 3″ from the left side.
- This piece will be your Fun Fold focal point front.
- Cut a Basic White layer 2 3/4″ x 4″. This layer is attached to the Night of Navy focal point front.
- Cut a Basic White 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer for the inside sentiment layer.
- The patterned paper layer is 2 1/4″ x 4″.
- The flowers are fussy cut from a piece of Paper Blooms DSP.
- Stamp your sentiment on the inside card layer.
- I added a few faceted dots from my embellishment stash.
I enjoy sharing project dimensions with you to make it easier for you to pull out what you have and create your own design.
So, do just that. Grab your favorite patterned paper, match up a cardstock base, add a few white layers and create your own original!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Click each image below for additional product details.
Let’s Sale-A-Brate today! Here’s a quick and easy thank you card that you can re-create in minutes. I’ve included a quick tutorial for this card below.
The Sweet Strawberry Bundle includes the Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set and the Strawberry Builder Punch. The stamp set has 16 images including 5 mixed font sentiment stamps that you can use for just about any occasion. I really love the sentiment font in this stamp set. Sweet Strawberry is another fun Bundle in the new Mini Catalog.
The Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper is part of a FREE product bundle in the Sale-A-Bration catalog. You can download both the new Mini Catalog and the Sale-A-Bration Brochure at the end of this post. I’ve also included a FREE PDF Wish List Form you can download. Use the Wish List Form to jot down your favorites.
I wanted to create something bright and cheerful. Each and every pattern in this Designer Series Paper pack is bright and cheerful but it was the checked pattern on my sentiment layer that caught my eye. The rest of the card evolved from that strip of patterned paper.
Below is a quick Tutorial for today’s card.
- Start with a Basic White A-2 card base.
- My second card layer cut from Poppy Parade cardstock and measures 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- The strawberry patterned paper top layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- The Poppy Parade sentiment layer base is 4″ x 1 1/4″.
- The checked patterned paper sentiment layer is 4″ x 1″.
- I stamped “thank you” in Memento Black ink onto a Basic White cardstock strip measuring 3 1/4″ x 3/4″.
- The berry leaves are fussy cut from a strip of the Berry Delightful DSP.
So, pull out some colorful patterned paper, cut a layer or two, add a cool sentiment and create something bright and cheerful.
…the only limitation is your imagination.
Click on each image below for more product detail
Here’s what you need to know.
- Sale-A-Bration is a huge SALE event!
- For every $50 in product purchases, you will receive a FREE Sale-A-Bration item.
- The FREE products are showcased in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure which you can download below.
- As you order, my shopping website will prompt you to add your Sale-A-Bration FREE product choice(s) so the process is very easy.
- Many of the Sale-A-Bration items coordinate with the new products in the Mini Catalog.
- If you’re not sure about which products they are, send me an email and I’d be happy to respond..
THE JANUARY-JUNE MINI CATALOG IS HERE:
- The new products are available through June 30, 2021.
- If you placed an order with me over the past year, you should have already received your catalog in the mail.
- If you haven’t received it, please email me and I will get a copy out to you.
- Below is a PDF download of the new catalog. Take a few minutes to download and save it. Have fun creating your new “Wish List”.
It’s Sunday and time for another Paper Players challenge. This week, Joanne created a simple and fun sketch for our inspiration.
So, let’s get right to my card today. Joanne gave us a lot of artistic license with her sketch. It’s simple with a single layer and sentiment banner.
I decided to open up my In Bloom Bundle and have a little fun. I matched the Bundle with the Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper which work perfectly together.
The patterned paper was the inspiration for my stitched floral die cuts and color palette and I added a little So Saffron to the center of my stitched flowers.
I followed the design “rule of thirds” using three die cut flowers to anchor the sentiment banner. Although the elements in this card design are simple, the Night of Navy and Basic White patterned paper makes a bold statement. I thought it best not to use any embellishments. Sometimes less is more. I also created a pattern repeat between the stitched flowers and patterned paper. Whenever you have a pattern repeat, the elements will always work together.
I absolutely love the sentiment font. Stamped with Night of Navy ink, the swirly letters and heavier line weight of the sentiment stamp are strong enough for the patterned paper background.
So, grab some statement making patterned paper, add a few stitched flowers and a bold sentiment and create something amazing to link up with us over at the Paper Players.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Be sure to stop by and say hello to The Paper Players Design Team:
They all have plenty of incredible inspiration to share.
You can click on each image below for product details.
SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!