Soft Sky is one of Stampin' Up!'s newest colors, and I think it's beautiful. It's actually a warmer shade of very soft blue. I paired it here with a traditional favorite, Chocolate Chip, (a warmer shade of brown).
If you look closely, you'll see that I added a very thin layer of Sahara Sand to soften the color contrast between the blue and brown. If I didn't use the layer of Sahara Sand here, this card would have a very different look…not as soft.
Here's the very easy "How To":
- For the card base, cut Chocolate Chip cardstock to a standard A-2 size card (4 1/4" X 5 1/2");
- Layer a 4 1/8" X 5 3/8" piece of Sahara Sand cardstock onto the card base;
- Layer a 4" X 5 1/4" piece of Soft Sky Designer Series Paper from the Sweater Weather DSP collection (Holiday Catalog);
- I cropped the Chocolate Chip frame from one of the Chalk Talk Framelits;
- Stamp the butterflies in Chocolate Chip ink (from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set) onto the Designer Series Paper and punch out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch;
- The "Thinking of You" sentiment is (Sweet Essentials stamp set) stamped with Chocolate Chip ink.
- I added two Soft Sky Candy Dots to the cropped frame.
This one is definitely a "Quick & Easy"! Give it a try.
Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper #132184
Part of the Harvest Collection in the Holiday Catalog
Click below to view the Holiday Catalog.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN' UP!