Today, I attended my great niece's Christening. Of course, I had to create something very special for our new little Maggie Lynn so I set out to make another one of my collage cards. I think I've become addicted to these.
So, with some Whisper White, Very Vanilla – Neutrals DSP Stack, and Pink Pirouette card stock… on came the inspiration.
- A few neutral layers to ground it all – my Whisper White A-2 card base, a Very Vanilla DSP layer, and another Whisper White layer embossed with the Stripes embossing folder;
- I love banners – all shapes and sizes. So next was my sentiment banner which I hand cropped from the Very Vanilla DSP, stamped my "blessings" sentiment with one of Stampin' Up!'s "oldies but goodies" stamp sets called Graceful Words (a retired set that will never leave my stamping room), and added a little Pink Pirouette border from the Adorning Accents Edgelits;
- Now for the collage – my focal point and "Sweet Spot". A square frame in Pink Pirouette with a matching Elegant Butterfly. A tag cropped with Chalk Talk framelits and stamped with "always" from another oldie but goodie called "Small Script" – which will never leave my stamping room, and embellished with some Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon.
- Pearls, Pearls and more pearls… a perfect embellishment for the feminine softness I wanted this card to have.
- I kept the softness of the card going by using Sahara Sand ink… just enough.
I hope Maggie Lynn will look back years from now and love the card her Aunt Deb created for her special day.
Thanks for stopping by,
SHOP STAMPIN' UP! AT MY ONLINE STORE
So sweet, Debbie! Yes, she will appreciate it someday!
Ooohhh, Debbie! That is an elegant, beautiful card! I LOVE that one! Everything is right on!!
Couldn’t be more beautiful, Deb! I really love this collage style – and you are good at it. I stink.
OMG…my favorite among all your beautiful cards.