Don't you just love this little guy? I think he's cute as cute can be. I love his smile and his casual hello.
I created this card around this stamp. Today, I was compelled to ink it up. He's from the Fun With Christmas stamp set which is in the Holiday Catalog. The images are small, but adorable and you really can have fun with them.
- This is a 3 3/4" square note card with a 4" square matching envelope.
- It'll make a great little note card to attach to a special gift.
- The design is simple and definitely Quick & Easy.
So let's use this card to review a few Card Design Tips from my posts earlier this week…
- Not a whole lot of color to talk about here. Cherry Cobbler is a rich, deep, warm red. I stamped the little guy with Chocolate Chip just because it's a little warmer of a neutral than the black and although bold, I wanted to keep the look soft and relaxed.
- My focal point, sentiment banner, and embellishment are all in my "Sweet Spot". I wanted to draw attention to the cluster of elements, but because my snowman is flanked by the darker tones, your eye will single him out.
- My card design is balanced asymmetrically. Definitely a more whimsical layout. I do have repitition with color and pattern, but there's a variety of elements. The Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon anchors my elements and the smaller Cherry Cobbler circle seals the deal for color balance.
I'm glad it's Friday. It's been quite a busy week at work and I have a busy weekend planned putting the finishing touches on my new stamping room.
You all have a wonderful weekend and be sure to pull out your stamps and ink and create something beautiful!
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used: Card Stock – Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler. Stamp Sets – Fun With Christmas, Christmas Tagables Photopolymer Stamp Set. Ink – Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cobbler. Embellishments – Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon. Tools – Circles Collection Framelits, Stampin Dimensionals.