When I first looked at Stampin’ Up!’s new Occasions Catalog, I put a big star next to this stamp set “Enjoy the Little Things”. It’s fabulous and I promise you this won’t be the first time you’ll see it in my posts. There’s a variety of fonts and a few little background stamps… very versatile and sure to be another favorite “Stampin’ Staple”.
So, let’s get to today’s project.
- I needed a masculine card and I wanted to use the “Go Wild” DSP Stack because I knew I was going to use the “dream BIG” sentiment stamp and I also knew it was going to be stamped in black. (I decided that while I was cooking).
- I cropped my Basic Black layer and added the arrow patterned paper. I was determined to use “dream BIG”, but my dilemma was how. Once I saw the wide striped patterned paper in the Stack, my problem was solved… I would create my own DSP for another layer! This little creative exercise was actually fun. So, my new “Debbie’s Special Paper”, or DSP was born.
- Since I already used my sentiment stamp for my new DSP, I needed a sentiment stamp for the card and “Celebrate Today” worked nicely.
- On went my sentiment banner stamped in black on a little slice of the patterned paper.
- A Whisper White Candy Dot and my lined envelope finished this project nicely.
Below are the dimensions for the layers:
- A Standard A-2 card base (5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″)
- First layer is 5 1/4″ X 4″
- The second DSP layer is 5″ X 3 3/4″
- The DSP (Debbie’s Special Paper) layer is 5″ X 1 3/4″
- The sentiment banner is 2 1/2″ X 5/8″
- I attached the vertical DSP and sentiment stamp to Basic Black card stock cropped slightly larger.
So, grab a great stamp, crop a slice of simple patterned paper and create your own DSP for your next project.