Today is special for two reasons:
First, I’m playing along with the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge today… and what a great combination! A nice mix of soft and bold; Watermelon Wonder, Pink Pirouette and Tip Top Taupe.
- When I first saw this combination, I immediately wanted to create something very soft with a “Vintage” look. I can’t tell you how many times I changed the flowers. I also punched a few butterflies… but definitely, the butterflies were the first to go. They didn’t give me the “feel” that I wanted. The flowers from Stampin’ Up!’s “Flower Patch” stamp set were perfect… BOLD… to match the vibrancy of Watermelon Wonder.
- Once I had my Watermelon Wonder flower cropped with the matching framelit, I added elements with Pink Pirouette and Tip Top Taupe to achieve some color balance.
- The end result is a Modern take on a Vintage look. Now it felt right. I got the look I wanted starting with one bold, stamped flower.
- I love the “dot” stamp from “Endless Birthday Wishes”. The dots are clean and crisp; perfect for the clean look of the flowers.
- I also love fonts! On many occasions, I’ve designed a whole card around a font I wanted to use. The “celebrate” sentiment is also from “Endless Birthday Wishes”, a stamp set with lots of words that you can use together or alone. This stamp set is a definite stamping staple.
- I used some patterned paper from “Go Wild” Designer Series Paper Stack to highlight the sentiment banner and line my envelope.
So, pull out your favorite stamps, add a few dots and create something wonderful to link up with the Pals.
The second reason today is special is that I’ve been working on a little re-branding for “expressively deb…”. There’s still more work to do, but my new site is live and I’ll be tweaking it over the next week or so. I created a new, simple banner (of course, my favorite color is blue) and my contact information will be displayed in the Navigation Bar within a few days. In the meantime, you can e-mail me at email@example.com or feel free to call me at 732-397-9128. I will also have my new Facebook page up and running shortly.
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment. I always look forward to hearing from you.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used: (All from the Annual Catalog) Card Stock – Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Tip Top Taupe, Go Wild DSP Stack #138443. Ink – Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. Stamp Sets – Endless Birthday Wishes #140273 and Flower Patch #134207. Tools – Flower Fair Framelits Dies #133731.
Deb, what a beautiful, clean card. You’ve made the colors in the flowers really pop. Thanks for playing along this week.
Debbie, this is CAS perfection! Off to pin…. 🙂
Debbie – your layering on this flower is perfect! What a great stamp set to showcase these gorgeous colors! Thank you so much for playing along with this week’s Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge. I’m glad you did.
Debbie, your clean and elegant style inspiration has been missed. Love your use of the colors for the flowers. Thank you for playing with the pals.
Debbie, I love your designs! The layered flowers are perfectly colored and placed.
Debbie, I simply love your card! The pop you acheiv is fabulous! Thank you for joining us this week at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge!
Debbie, this is so sweet! Simple and elegant ~ perfect! So glad to see you over at the Pals Challenge!!
Debbie, I LOVE your card! It’s modern and bold and pretty all at the same time! Love it! So glad you played with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!