Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring and Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
It’s been a while since I created one of my CAS collage cards. I simply adore moving cropped, patterned shapes around until I get the “look” I want. This design began with the floral scalloped tag and just evolved from there.
Here’s a photo of my pieces and a quick how to:
- I started with a Whisper White A-2 card base and stamped a little splatter dots with images from the “Gorgeous Grunge” stamp set.
- Dimensions for the scalloped tag are 2″ X 3 1/2″ (punched using the “Scalloped Tag Punch”). This was my first cut piece.
- I didn’t like the was it looked with the tag in the center of the card, but I needed that large piece there to carry the rest of the design, so I punched the floral scalloped circle and cut a rectangle 1 7/8″ X 1 1/2″. These shapes would balance the center tag on either side and continue keep the “straight line” and “scallop” theme.
- So, I glued the heart patterned rectangle and the scalloped circle to the center of the card, then placed the scalloped tag on dimensionals over these pieces… now I was getting somewhere!
- Two more rectangles would create my sentiment “frame”. The vertical floral rectangle is 3/4″ X 4″ and the Crumb Cake heart patterned rectangle is 3 7/8″ X 5/8″. I attached them both using dimensionals.
- I stamped the “hello spring” image in Crumb Cake ink onto a second scalloped circle and trimmed the bottom just enough to tuck under the horizontal crumb cake strip.
- I tucked in some Linen Thread and added two flowers from the “Circle of Spring” stamp set. Two “Blushing Bride” candy dots finished the flowers.
All of the patterned paper is from the “Love Blossoms” DSP Stack. When creating a pattern collage design, the 6″ X 6″ “stacks” make it so easy to choose the patterns you want to use.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used: Card Stock – Whisper White, Love Blossoms DSP Stack. Ink – Crumb Cake and Rose Red. Stamp Sets – Gorgeous Grunge and Circle of Spring. Tools – Scallop Tag Topper Punch and 1 3/4″ Scallop Circle Punch, Paper Snips. Embellishments – Linen Thread and Subtles Candy Dots.
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb… you are here!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithBecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin pink rose
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations