For today’s Sunday Sampler, I decided to sample a variety of colors rather than patterned paper.
One of the reasons I promote and almost exclusively use Stampin’ Up! products is their unique color coordination. Today, I’m sampling a few colors from the “Brights Collection”… You really can’t go wrong. Each color in each collection works with each other.
- Daffodil Delight – A warm bright yellow
- Rich Razzleberry – A warm, bold purple
- Old Olive – A warm, neutral green
- Pumpkin Pie – A warm, muted orange
So, how can a green be “warm” when green is known as a “cool” color? The answer is that if you look at a color wheel, or check the RGB formulas for the colors, you’ll see that there is a reddish base to all of these colors, making them “warm”. Yes, Old Olive has red in it, almost as much red as it has green. Did you ever go to a paint store to get paint? I’ve watched them mix a color I chose and noticed the different tints they add. In most cases, my color choices tend to lean toward the warmer shades… they’re always adding in a little bit of red, even though I do have some shades of green in my home.
Today’s project is clean, simple and quick… not much more than stamping some pretty sentiments and colors.
- First, I sponged a little Daffodil Delight ink from the center out onto a 4″ X 5 1/4″ Whisper White card layer.
- Then I stamped the fern image in Old Olive. (I stamped off once since I wanted just a shadow of the fern).
- I stamped a few Rich Razzleberry “splashes” from Gorgeous Grunge over the ferns.
- To anchor everything, I vertically stamped the striped image in Daffodil Delight
- And for just a little color pop, I added a stamped butterfly in Pumpkin Pie.
- All of the images I used to create this stamped design are worked from the center out to the sides of the card and are from the “Butterfly Basics” stamp set.
- My Tag Topper punch helped create my sentiment tag which is stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink.
So grab your favorite stamp set, choose some coordinating colors, add a sentiment and stamp something inspiring.