The first item on my Wish List from the Holiday Catalog was the Petals and Paisleys Product Suite… it’s just stunning, and paisley is very “in” right now.
The stamps, matching framelits and Specialty Designer Series Paper made it so easy to put this card together. Honestly, the hardest part for me was deciding which color combination to pull from the patterned paper. I’ve always been partial to the blues and yellows together so I went with Night of Navy and Delightful Dijon… I added a little Rich Razzelberry just for fun.
This was another project from my Stamp Club last week. Simple and easy… the Petals and Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper does the work for you.
- Start with a Very Vanilla card base – 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″;
- Add a 4 1/4″ square of Night of Navy card stock as the first layer;
- The Delightful Dijon layer is 3 1/4″ X 4″ topped with a 3″ X 3 3/4″ layer of Petals and Paisleys.
- The “Focal Point” polka dot layer is 3″ X 2 1/4″ and is the backdrop for three stamped and cropped images from the Paisleys and Posies stamp set. The “Focal Point” layer also anchors the sentiment layer.
- The “Focal Point” almost always involves your sentiment;
- The three elements on the focal point layer anchor the sentiment layer and give the left side of the design balance.
- I used the “Rule of Thirds” generously in this card… there are three base layers (Night of Navy, Delightful Dijon, Petals and Paisleys DSP) on the right of the design and three layers on the left (the polka dot DSP, the stamped images, and the sentiment). There are also three stamped elements anchoring the sentiment.
- I always enjoy taking a look at the different elements of a design, and have to admit that I don’t always realize I’m working with the “rules”. It’s more fun for me to just let it happen then take a look.
I hope you enjoy today’s post, so grab some beautiful patterned paper, crop a few images, add a layer or two and create something very pretty!
Click images below to get more information on current Stampin’ Up! Promotions.