Today’s post showcases more of the pretty Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper and, I have a “Stampin’ Story” to share…
First, the card… I was looking through some past blog posts and came across this sketch. At the same time, the Garden Impressions paper stack was still on my stamping table. I started to play with the patterns (which I often do), and decided on the beautiful floral and the contrasting mini brushstroke pattern. Now, I had my color inspiration.
According to the label on the DSP Stack, my colors would be Soft Sea Foam, Pacific Point and Whisper White, but I didn’t look at the paper stack label and pulled out our new “In Color”, Blueberry Bushel. I have to admit I wasn’t really excited about Blueberry Bushel when I saw the new 2018-2020 In Colors, and I’m usually immediately drawn to all shades of blue. Well, Blueberry Bushel is beautiful… very vibrant and really warm.
This card is simple to put together and goes quickly (once you pick out your patterned paper).
Below is a quick “how to”:
- Start with a standard A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″).
- The first card stock layer in Blueberry Bushel is 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- The second card stock layer in Soft Sea Foam is 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″.
- The mini brush stroke patterned paper layer is 4″ X 3 1/8″.
- The floral patterned paper layer is 2 1/4″ X 3″.
- The Whisper White sentiment layer is 2 1/4″ X 1 7/8″ which accommodates the “beautiful day” sentiment nicely. The sentiment is from the Love What You Do stamp set which is part of the Share What You Love Suite and the little pearl is from the Artisan Pearls collection in the Share What You Love Suite.
- The Blueberry Bushel anchoring band is 3/4″ X 4″.
Here’s My “Stampin’ Story”…
“To Love What We Do, and “Share What We Love”… that’s part of Stampin’ Up!’s Statement of the Heart.
I love stamping and creating cards. I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator (or “Creative Coach”, as I like to say) for many years, moving well into my 6th year in Mary Fish’s downline, The Stampin’ Pretty Pals. We like to call ourselves “The Pals”. I’m not going to say what a wonderful Upline Mary is or what a fabulous group the Pals are… She absolutely is and They absolutely are… and one Pal, among many who I call “friend” sent me one of his beautiful handmade cards a few months ago. The card said… “Love Never Gives Up”!
He knows how much I love stamping… designing, creating and sharing my cards, and for some reason, I wasn’t doing it. Occasionally, I would read his card and occasionally I would think about planning a few blog posts, but just didn’t do it. Recently and out of the blue, another creative and special friend gave me loads of Stampin’ Up! supplies to use and share. I think I got the message! I’m blogging again, planning my next card class for August and enjoying creating and sharing my cards.
Thank you, Mary Fish for the unending support and guidance you give to all your Pals, and thank you Brian King for your friendship and beautiful card.
So, grab your favorite patterned paper, add a bold and beautiful sentiment, just a little bling, and create something fabulous to share!
Just a reminder:
- Take advantage of the Designer Series Paper Sale – Buy three get one FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
- Join the Stampin’ Up! Family through July 31st and get an ink pad assortment FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Here’s the supply list for today’s project:
I love the gorgeous layers on this card, Debbie, and I love you. I did the same thing with the same color this week. Either way, it’s delightful. I’m so happy you are stamping again and can’t wait to see what you make next. <3
Thank you, Brian! … and thank you for your time at our Pals FB meeting last month. You shared lots of good with us and, of course, made me smile. Can’t wait to see your card. These colors are pretty together. Love to you always!