Wishing you all a joyful Monday!
Did you know that the hummingbird is slightly different from other feathered creatures? They can fly in any direction and hover in one spot appearing to be motionless. The hummingbird brings joy to flowers as it helps them reproduce. Plants flower and live because of the hummingbird. The hummingbird is also a symbol of joy for us!! Okay, I’m finished… now we can talk about today’s card.
Look at this stunning patterned paper! It’s the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper. It’s hard to see in the photo, but this paper has the texture of mosaic tile and a slight sheen; it is a heavier weight making it perfect for little gift boxes. Color inspiration for your projects is endless with the Mosaic Mood Specialty paper since there are so many colors in this medley. Below is today’s palette.
Below is more inspiration using the Mosaic Mood Suite. For more details and to see the entire Mosaic Mood Suite, you can click HERE or on the picture.
This is one of those quick and easy cards. Below is the simple “how to”:
- I followed a popular simple card sketch, mixed a few of the patterns from Mosaic Mood and fussy cut the hummingbird;
- To bring attention to the patterned paper and give my card a more finished look, I added a Terracotta Tile card stock mat behind each layer piece.
- The sentiment is from a retired stamp set that I just love to use because of the font and its size.
- Most of my cards do have a little bit of bling. I added a few Gold Metallic Pearls which was just enough embellishment.
- I started with a Very Vanilla A-2 size card base and covered the front of the card base with a 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ piece of patterned paper.
- The center Terracotta Tile Layer is 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″ topped with a piece of patterned paper measuring 3″ X 4 1/4″.
- The Terracotta Tile card stock card band is 1 1/4″ X 4 1/4″; just enough to frame out one of the braided stripes designs from the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP.
- The Terracota Tile circle was cropped with a Stitched Circle Framelit and the Very Vanilla circle was punched with the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch.
So grab some gorgeous, textured patterned paper; follow a simple sketch; add a hummingbird and a little bling, and create something joyful!