A happy Wednesday wish for you!
When I first saw the Noble Peacock Suite, I knew I would own it. It’s blue! The photopolymer stamp images of the Royal Peacock Stamp Set are so beautifully detailed that the matching Detailed Peacock Dies are only a bonus. I’ll save them for another post. Today’s project is simply stamps, ink and paper… oh and a whole lot of bling. My photography doesn’t do this card the justice it deserves.
I have a Stampin’ Story to share about the bling.
I was just finishing up this card when my daughter came by to visit. I was deciding where to add just a few Noble Peacock Rhinestones, when Alison came into my craft room.
She completely ignored the design “rule of thirds” and added the rhinestones to just about every eye in the peacock tail. I have to admit, I liked it and I enjoyed watching her get lost in her own creativity. We stamped a few more cards and now I have to place another order for the rhinestones!!
When Alison was about 3 or 4 years old, she loved anything with rhinestones, fringe and feathers… the more something sparkled, the more she loved it and if it had fringe or feathers, she wouldn’t let it go… she certainly hasn’t lost her love for the sparkle. She’s very much an adult now, and an incredibly dedicated 5th grade school teacher. I am as “proud as a peacock” of all of her accomplishments!
Here’s the Clean and Simple How To:
- I cut a standard A-2 size card base layer in Pretty Peacock card stock, added a 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″ Old Olive card stock layer and cut a 4″ X 5 1/4″ layer of Whisper White;
- I used the Stamparatus to set the large peacock stamp on one flap and the tail overlay stamp on the second flap. The Stamparatus makes stamping this card so easy;
- I stamped the large peacock with Pretty Peacock ink and used my Encore Gold Metallic ink pad to stamp the peacock tail overlay. The gold metallic did show up nicely, but you could also gold emboss the tail overlay for a more textured look.
- The “You are incredible” sentiment is from the Royal Peacock stamp set.
- Added lots and lots of Noble Peacock Rhinestones.
So, grab a beautifully detailed stamp, add a few card stock layers, lots and lots of bling and create something incredible!