A favorite “latest and greatest” of mine is the clean and classy “Come Sail Away” Suite featured in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.
Those of you who have followed my blog know that I am truly a patterned paper junkie. I love to mix and match patterns for my projects and did I have a fun time creating this card!! The neutrals and blues in combination have always been a favorite of mine; so much so that I chose these colors to decorate my home. I also enjoy being at the beach and near water, so the Come Sail Away Suite had to be at the top of my wish list as soon as I saw it.
For all the details on the Come Sail Away Suite, you can click HERE or click on the shopping bag at the end of this post.
Here’s the quick “how to” for this classy masculine birthday card.
- I started with an A-2 size Whisper White card base.
- The Night of Navy card layer is 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″.
- The vertical striped patterned layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- The newsprint patterned layer is 3″ X 4 1/4″ which is attached to a 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″ Night of Navy mat.
- The lighthouse patterned card band is 1 5/8″ X 4″ attached to a 1 3/4″ X 4″ Night of Navy mat.
- I cropped the rope framelit from the suite in some older brushed gold card stock and framed the lighthouse patterned paper to give it a more finished look. By the way, that little rope framelit also embosses. The texture it gives the rope edge is perfect!
- I fussy cut the Night of Navy compass from a piece of the Designer Series Paper, stamped a smaller compass with Crumb Cake ink and punched it out with my 1 1/2″ circle punch. The Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine is also part of the Suite, and of course, no card is complete without the bling. One of the gold metallic pearls worked perfectly for the center of my compass.
- Since I wanted to create a masculine birthday card, I borrowed the sentiment from an older retired stamp set. I thought the clean simplicity of the sentiment worked well with the overall theme of the card.
So, grab yourself a classy, clean stamp set, crop some patterned paper, don’t forget your bling and create something stunning!!
The card below was one of the “Make and Takes” at our April On Stage event for the new catalog reveal.