It’s been a little while since I posted, but it was only a few days ago that I got together with a few friends to do some stamping, create beautiful projects and chat about the latest and greatest in the paper crafting world. My project was from one of the Suites in the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. I’ll talk about that in tomorrow’s post.
I thought this card would be a fun re-start to sharing some inspiration with you. I actually created a bunch and am sending them off to some recent customers with a little “thank you” gift. They are so pretty!! I used the Crafting Forever stamp set and, of course I had to show off Stampin’ Up!’s new 2019-2021 In Colors. They’re muted tones of on trend colors: Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Purple Posy, Seaside Spray and Pretty Peacock. And, not surprisingly, I gravitated toward the blue as I usually do.
Below is a quick “how to” for this clean and simple card:
- Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Seaside Spray layer (4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″);
- Whisper White card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 5/8″);
- Seaside Spray gingham patterned paper card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 1/2″).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the patterned paper with Early Espresso ink.
- Crop the large oval from the Stitched Shapes die.
- Stamp the paint brush pot image in the center of the Whisper White oval with Early Expresso ink. Stamp a second brush pot image onto the gingham patterned paper.
- Fussy cut only the stamped brush pot image from the gingham paper and glue it on top of the stamped brush pot on the Whisper White oval.
- I used my Blender Pen with and ink from the Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray and Early Espresso ink pads to shade the brushes and the pot.
- I have to admit, coloring is a lot of fun!!
- Of course, when in doubt go with a yellow, so I used a little bit of Crushed Curry ink and my Blender Pen to color in the pencil.
- Add your favorite bling.
So, grab an inspirational stamp set, add a slice of gingham, a little bling and create something clean and pretty!
Below is a list of Stampin’ Up! supplies I used. You can get more details on any of the supplies by clicking HERE or clicking on the shopping bag at the end of this post.
- Stamp Set: Crafting Forever.
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Seaside Spray, 2019-2021 In Color DSP Stack.
- Ink: Balmy Blue, Early Espresso, Rococo Rose, Terracotta Tile, Crushed Curry.
- Tools: Stitched Shapes Dies, Blender Pen, Dimensionals.