It’s Monday! I hope you enjoyed a happy paper crafting weekend.
Today’s post is clean, simple and happy! The Ornamental Envelopes Bundle was on my “serious” wish list from Stampin’ Up!’s August-December Mini Catalog. I thought the ornament stamps in the Ornamental Envelopes stamp set were so cute. You can dress them up or down. They could be elegant and formal or clean and simple. I went with clean and simple for this card.
The color palette is warm. Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler and Bumblebee are all colors with a lot of warm red tones. I always enjoy adding a little pop of “yellow” whenever I can and that little Bumblebee ornament gives this card that something extra. I couldn’t resist adding that little Gold Metallic Pearl.
Here’s the quick “How to” for this card:
- I started with a Whisper White card base, added a layer of Cherry Cobbler and cropped a Basic Black frame with the Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- I added a second stitched frame in Cherry Cobbler and “framed” my Whisper White stamped images.
- The stamped images on the Whisper White card layer were stamped with Bumblebee ink.
- I separately stamped a set of ornaments in Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler and cropped them with the ornaments die in the Envelopes Die set.
- Here are the stamped images:
- Once the ornaments were cropped, I chose what I wanted to use and attached them to the Bumblebee stamped layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I hand cropped the sentiment banner. “Happy Christmas” is from the Warm Hugs stamp set.
- The pretty black and white plaid envelope liner makes this card a pretty gift!
So, grab some warm holiday colors, stamp a few images, add a frame or two and a little bling, and create something clean and simple.
The only limitation is your imagination!