Today I have two cards to showcase. I’ve been wanting to use the stitched background die from the Stitched Leaves Dies and finally did. This die adds such a beautiful texture to the card layer.
The first card has the died Linen Thread wrapped behind the maple leaf. The second has the Linen Thread tied in a bow and attached to the front of the maple leaf. I couldn’t decide which I liked more, so I used them both.
Another Clean and Simple card and so easy to put together.
- Start with a Very Vanilla A-2 card base and add a Gray Granite layer.
- The Gray Granite layer measures 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″.
- The Very Vanilla top layer measures 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- Run the top Very Vanilla layer through your cutting machine twice using the large border die from the Stitched Leaves Dies.
- Place the bottom edge of the die at the bottom of the layer on the left side and the top edge of the die at the top of the right edge of the layer. This will give you the stitched pattern shown in these cards.
- Stamp the maple leaf with Flirty Flamingo ink onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Run it through your cutting machine using both the maple leaf cutting and embossing dies.
- Add a leaf sprig of your choice to the back of your stamped maple leaf.
- Take about 6″ of Linen Thread and roll it along your Gray Granite ink pad. (I covered my finger with a paper towel).
- You can run the Linen Thread across your ink pad as much as you want depending on how much color you want.
- I wanted a hint of Gray Granite on the Linen Thread so I inked the thread once.
- On the first card, I looped the Linen Thread and attached it to the back of the leaf. Then, I attached the leaf to my layer.
- On the second card, I tied a bow and attached it to the front of my leaf with a mini glue dot.
- Add your sentiment in Gray Granite ink.
- Embellish with a few of the small Frosted Epoxy Droplets.
If you don’t already own it, the Love of Leaves Bundle is worth a second look. It’s in the current August-December 2020 Mini Catalog at the Bundle price. It will be in the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog individually priced.
So, pull out your Very Vanilla card stock, emboss a layer, add some colored thread and a maple leaf and create something pretty.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
For additional product information, you can click on the corresponding picture below.