It’s Sunday and time for another Paper Players challenge. This is Joanne’s week with a soft and subtle color challenge for us. She chose Highland Heather, Seaside Spray and Old Olive.
Any time is a perfect time for flowers! The Basket of Bloom stamp set has pretty flower blooms, a few leaf stems, a flower pot, basket and vase. These images can take your flower arranging imagination from simple to stunning and anywhere in between.
When I saw Joanne’s colors for this week’s Challenge, I thought of the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper. All three colors are together in this paper pack. Below is how today’s project came together.
- Starting with an A-2 Basic White card base, I added a layer of the Highland Heather and Basic White striped pattern paper.
- On Basic White cardstock, I stamped the flower pot image with Sahara Sand ink and lightly shaded the edges of the pot with my Blender Pen.
- I stamped the twine bow image to the flower pot with Seaside Spray ink.
- Next, I stamped the flower blooms on Basic White cardstock.
- I fussy cut the pot and flower blooms.
- I cut a Basic White card layer 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ and added some texture with one of the Stitched With Whimsy dies.
- In the center of the white layer, I stamped the leaf stems with Old Olive ink.
- With a few Stampin’ Dimensionals, I attached the flower pot and arranged my flower blooms.
- The Seaside Spray stamped sentiment is from the Lots of Heart stamp set.
- The Stitched With Whimsy frame did the embellishing for me.
So, match up your colors to Joanne’s Challenge and create something subtle to link up with us at the Paper Players.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
For more inspiration, pop over to the rest of the Design Team’s blogs.
For more details on the products I used in my project today, you can click on the images below.