Hello Wednesday! Where is the week going?
From the first time I saw the Brilliant Wings Dies I wanted to use the splatter background die on something. I’ll keep it in the bundle family for now but my brain is giving me all sorts of ideas for this little die. There are three background dies in the set. To me, that’s a good enough reason to ask you to take a serious look at the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle.
Today’s card features products from the entire Butterfly Brilliance Collection. Below is my stampin’ story for this project.
- Everything sits on a Basic White A-2 top fold card base cut at 11″ X 4 1/4″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- The color combination was inspired by a watercolor pattern from the Butterfly Bijou 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper pack.
- I purposely mixed layer sizes to give the appearance of a frame around the butterflies.
- The wide layer is a piece of the Natural Touch Specialty Paper from the “Collection”.
- The Natural Touch Specialty Paper has two patterns, one side is a tightly woven textured look and the other side is a wood grain pattern.
- My focal point layer is Poppy Parade, topped with a layer of the water color DSP from the Butterfly Bijou DSP pack.
- The die cut splatter gives this simple card design both texture and interest.
- I colored the butterflies with my Blends. Yes, I colored with Blends! … and I enjoyed it. My Blends and me have established quite a bond lately.
Click below for a FREE PDF Tutorial for this project. Hope you enjoy.
So, take a look at Butterfly Brilliance, add it to your collection and create your own brilliance!!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
The Butterfly Brilliance Collection
For additional details on any of the products I used today, click on the images below.