My Team and I had our monthly meet up and once again, shared projects. Georgia came up with both of these ideas and we decided to get together to create a set. Today, I’m featuring the mini clip board. The recipe is below.
The mini clip board can hang on either your bulletin board or refrigerator. It’s within reach when you need it. I thought it would be a great little gift or stocking stuffer. Tuck it into a cellophane bag, tie it up with a pretty ribbon and add a custom tag. This project is quick and easy.
Check back tomorrow for the note book cover “how to”.
Supplies and where to get them:
- Chip board. I purchased the chip board at Amazon. It’s medium weight and you can cut it with your paper trimmer.
- Mini note pads. I purchased these at Dollar Tree. They come 5 to a pack.
- 1 1/4″ document clips.
- Clear barrel pens.
- Magnet strips
- A lollipop stick or skewer.
- Pattern Party Designer Series Paper (we used the buffalo check pattern).
- Detailed Trio Punch
Here’s the “how to”:
- Cut two pieces of chipboard 4 3/4″ x 6 1/2″.
- Round the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Glue them together with Multipurpose Glue.
- The patterned paper is 4 5/8″ x 6 3/8″. Cut two and attach them to both the front and back of your chip board.
- Cut a small patterned paper strip 1 1/2″ x 1 1/4″. This wraps around the binder clip.
- As you’re wrapping the patterned paper strip over the binder clip, hold it in place, The Multipurpose Glue works great since drying time is minimal.
- Remove the ink from the pen by twisting the pen top.
- Cut a small patterned paper strip 1 1/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Tightly wrap this around a lollipop stick or skewer (something thin and round).
- This helps you get the patterned paper into the pen barrel so you have a matching pen.
- Attach a magnet strip to the back.
So, pop over to the dollar store, cut your favorite Designer Series Paper, add some pretty packaging and create a fun gift!
…the only limitation is your imagination!