Hello and Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you! My card today isn’t green, but it wishes you luck and good fortune. “And may the wind be always at your back!”
It’s been a while since I’ve created a CAS card. CAS is an acronym for “Clean and Simple”. A CAS design has lots of white space, minimal or no layers and little or no embellishments. CAS cards are usually quick and easy to put together and can be very interesting.
Here’s Today’s Card Story
- Sometimes inspiration comes to me consistently and creating from what’s in my mind is easy.
- There are other times when I struggle, just as most of us do, with coming up with something fresh to share with you.
- I saw a card in a forum with today’s color combination, a classic favorite.
- Black and white with any accent color is classic and always looks striking.
- That same card featured die cut leaves that were long and very wispy.
- I thought of the Good Fortune Dies. I’ve been wanting to use the long floral die.
- The Basic White card base is a standard A-2 top fold that measures 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- I cut a Basic White layer 4″ x 5 1/4″. This would be my canvas.
- The Bumblebee cardstock strip is 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″.
- I added texture to the cardstock with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder.
- I attached the die cut elements to the left side of the Bumblebee strip with liquid glue.
- The sentiment is stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- I added a little black sparkle with some faceted black does from my stash. If you have them, the Matte Black Dots or Gold Metallic Pearls would also work nicely on this design.
So, look through your supplies. Die cut an element that is long and thin, add a die cut accent or two and create a CAS card full of luck and good fortune.
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Card Product Details
Click to Shop My Online Store
The use of these colors is so pretty.