Spring is here!
Today’s card is a bit out of the box for me. My design is simple – a little ink, a lot of stamping and a die cut sentiment. I usually use patterned paper, lots of die cut elements and a little stamping!
Let’s talk about today’s card.
- It’s a stamped background, a die cut sentiment and a few layers. That’s about it.
- Along with the flower and leaf stamped images, I used a script background stamp.
- On a 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic White cardstock layer, I randomly stamped the flower, leaves and script background with Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz and Gray Granite ink.
- I die cut the layer with the largest Stitched Rectangle Die.
- I attached the stamped layer to a 5 1/4″ x 4″ Gray Granite cardstock layer.
- The sentiment is die cut using my Well Written Dies. They’re no longer available. You can use a die cut sentiment or a larger stamped sentiment that you have. Either will work well for this design.
- I attached the sentiment to a die cut vellum stitched rectangle.
- I embellished with two punched sprigs and Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
A Simple Stamping Technique
- “Stamping Off” is a very simple stamping technique that can quickly and effortlessly change the look of any card or project design.
- Just as it sounds, “stamping off” is inking your stamp, stamping it off once onto a scrap piece of paper, then stamping the lighter image directly to your card or project.
- You can “stamp off” once, twice or three times, depending on how light you want your finished image.
- There are a few benefits to “stamping off”: You can create a shadow effect with one stamp, you can add dimension to your design and you can lighten the color of your ink if your color palette calls for a lighter shade of your chosen color. This trick can help keep your ink pad inventory low while still having colors to complete projects with unique looks.
So, pull out your favorite floral image, add a leaf or two, stamp off once and twice and create something shaded and fun!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Product Details for Today’s Card
Stampin’ Up News And Notes
- Mark your calendars! – The Last Chance Product Sale starts on March 23rd and runs through May 2nd, 2022. You can grab your favorite annual catalog items at a deep discount. This offer is valid while supplies last. Check back on March 23rd to get the details.
- The new Annual Catalog will be available to customers on May 3rd, 2022. Those who have placed orders with me over the past year will automatically receive your copy in the mail prior to Mar 3rd. If you would like to request a catalog, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check in on my online store by clicking the shopping bag below. You’ll get full details on new kits added to the Kit Collection and think about taking advantage of the current 20% off sale on stamp and die Bundles and the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss cutting machine.