Hello Friends! Happy Saturday!
Today’s card is a simple and colorful way to send a “big” birthday wish. I’m showcasing the Biggest Wish stamp set. The larges, bold sentiments in the set are so much fun to use. There are nine sentiments and a small image stamp. The sentiments are mixed fonts that make it easy to create your own messages… “happy birthday”, birthday hello”, “hello friend” and on and on. This card can be used as a masculine birthday wish or a birthday wish for a child.
I kept the design simple, adding a few quick and easy details – an embossed layer, a little ink splatter and punched circles as embellishments.
Today’s Card Pieces and Parts
- So Saffron, Bermuda Bay and Poppy Parade is today’s color palette. Love these colors together.
- The sentiment is stamped with Night of Navy ink. (It looks black, but I just re-inked my Night of Navy and it was pretty juicy so the image stamped darker than usual).
- The card base is a Basic White A-2 tent fold that measures 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″.
- The So Saffron card front layer is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and embossed with the Hive 3-D Embossing Folder.
- The So Saffron card front is attached to the card base with Multipurpose Glue.
- I fine that glue is a better adhesive when working with layers. You have some time to slide your layers exactly where you want them.
- The Basic White sentiment layer is die cut with one of the Rectangle Stitched Dies and attached to the card front with Dimensionals.
- I cut two strips for the banners. One is Bermuda Bay and the other is Poppy Parade. They’re each 3/4″ wide.
- The hand cut flagged banners are attached to the back of the sentiment layer.
- My sentiment layer needed a little something more… I found an ink splatter stamp in the Color & Contour stamp set and “splattered” a little Bermuds Bay ink around the sentiment.
- The ink splatter is stamped off once.
- I used my Cupcake Builder Punch to punch a few small circles from Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade and So saffron cardstock.
- They work well as embellishments.
So, find that fun “big” stamp, emboss a card layer, add a little ink splatter and create a “big” birthday wish.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Card Product Details
NOTES AND STAMPIN’ UP! NEWS
- Latest addition to the Stampin’ Up! Kits Collection:
- The Robot Buddies Kit contains everything you need to create adorable robot themed cards and projects.
- There are 9 card bases and envelopes along with sticker sheets and die cuts.
- The Kit also includes a photopolymer stamp set, two Stampin’ Ink Spots and a clear block .
- Savings Are In Bloom Promotion: This is a good time to purchase the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. It’s 20% off the regular price.
- There are 13 fabulous Bundles that coordinate with the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Each Bundle is 20% off.
- Waves Of The Ocean Collection Early Release.
- Check in on a beautiful new product collection with stunning colors and canvas created art designed patterned paper. It’s stunning!
- This new collection will certainly make you want to head to the beach, even to just take a walk and enjoy the ocean.