In my web travels this past week, I saw many beautiful cards created with a “floating element”. Naturally, I wanted to try the design technique. Once you choose your supplies, it’s easy to create.
Today’s Card Bits & Pieces
- I’ll give you a quick overview here, then you can download the PDF Tutorial for details.
- The circle is the focal point of this card and is also the “floating element”.
- The strips of patterned paper adhered to a Window Sheet are attached to the card front with Foam Adhesive Strips.
- This gives the entire circle great dimension.
- The empty spaces between the strips are transparent.
- This gives the illusion the circle is “floating”.
You can click the button below to download the PDF Tutorial. Hope you enjoy creating your version.
So, grab some patterned paper, cut small strips, add dimension and create a fun “floating element”.
… the only limitation is your imagination!