Happy Monday! Hope you spent some creative time over the weekend.
I ended last week with a meeting with my accountant to complete taxes. That experience is daunting for me. Not always a happy one! Dinner out at a favorite restaurant was a nice way to end the week. I planned a few posts for this week and finished up some organizational tasks in my craft room. It’s a good feeling to start the week more organized.
Today’s Card Bits & Pieces
- Today’s inspiration came from a Stampin’ Up! Video. One of the Concept Artists created a card with stencils.
- I loved the colors she used. Misty Moonlight and Poppy Parade are complementary colors on the color wheel.
- If you look at a color wheel, you’ll see blues are opposite oranges.
- They will always work together. Keep this in mind when you’re looking for a pop of color for your next card design.
- I cut a standard A-2 Thick Basic White card base and attached a 4 1/4″ x 5 /2″ piece of patterned paper to the card front.
- On a panel of Basic White cardstock, I stamped the flower from the Painted Poppies stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- And, the Painted Poppies stamp set is in the upcoming 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog!
- I used Light Poppy Parade and Granny Apple Green Blends to color the flower.
- With one of the Scalloped Contour Dies, I die cut the flower panel.
- Some White Baker’s Twine wrapped around the frame was a nice, subtle embellishment.
- I stamped the sentiment with from the Lovely You stamp set with Misty Moonlight Ink.
- I attached the frame and sentiment layers with Dimensionals.
- Who can resist adding a little sparkle? I used one of the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels. Love them!
So, grab a beautiful piece of patterned paper, add it to a card base, use two complementary colors and create something just because!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
Click to Shop