I enjoy the “happy” colors in the Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper. Although I’ve made several cards with different patterns from the paper pack, this is the first time I noticed the detail in the teapot pattern. The water coloring effect in the teapots, tiny leaves and the detail in the tiny garden flowers is so pretty! I thought this pattern would work well with the Crushed Curry stripes.
Today’s Card Pieces and Parts
Make Your Cuts
- The card base is Basic White Thick cardstock cut 11″ x 4 1/4″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- When cutting a white card base and die cutting in white, I always use a thicker cardstock. The card stands nicely and the die cuts look much better. It gives your finished card more substance.
- There is a Crushed Curry layer on the front of the Basic White card base. The layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- The teapot patterned paper layer is 2″ x 4″.
- The striped patterned paper layer is 3 1/2″ x 4″.
Assemble The Parts
- Attach the striped layer to the Crushed Curry cardstock layer, leaving a small border at the top and sides.
- I attached the teapot patterned paper layer to the cardstock layer next. Be sure your sides line up with the sides of the striped layer. Leave a small border along the bottom. The Teapot patterned paper layer will slightly overlap the striped layer.
- I cut a strip of Crushed Curry cardstock to cover the seam in the patterned paper layer. This measures 3/4″ x 4″.
- The Basic White sentiment strip measures 1/2″ x 2 3/8″. See the photo for the place for the sentiment. I used a small long sentiment. You can use whatever works for you.
- The tea cup is actually two die cuts glued together. I wanted it to be a little thicker.
- I stamped the leaf spray in the teacup with Garden Green ink and the flowers with Sweet Sorbet ink.
- The flowers and leaf spray were die cut with the matching dies in the Teacup Dies.
- I attached the teacup and flowers to the card front with Dimensionals.
- For a little embellishment, I added a white Classic Matte Dot.
Once you make your cuts and complete your die cuts, this card comes together easily. I hope you enjoy creating this card and adding your own signature to the design.
So, open up your Cup of Tea Bundle, cut some layers, add a teacup, and a Classic Matte Dot and create something just to say hello!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Card Product Details