Fall is just around the corner. Our New Jersey heat wave finally broke. Still no rain, though. A change of season is very much on my mind so I’m showcasing the Apple Harvest Bundle.
The Apple Harvest stamp set is in the July – December 2022 Mini Catalog without coordinating dies. Starting September 1st through September 30th, you can purchase the stamp set and Apple Blossom Dies as a Bundle and save 10%.
Today’s card is a quick, clean, and simple card using the Apple Harvest stamp set and upcoming Apple Blossom Dies.
The stamps in the Apple Harvest stamp set are open stamps. If you like to color, you will enjoy them. I loved the images in this stamp set, so I thought about adding color with sponge daubers. I tried it and am happy with the shading of the apples. You’ll love the sponge dauber technique.
The Apple Harvest Bundle is available on September 1st.
Today’s Card Pieces And Parts
- My original version of this card includes a Garden Green cardstock layer. You can create your card using an additional layer. A Sweet Sorbet or Poppy Parade layer would be pretty, as well.
- The Basic White card base is 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- The smaller Basic White layer is 2 3/4″ x 4″. Die cut the bottom of this layer using the scalloped die from the Apple Blossom Dies.
- The sentiment layer is 1″ x 2″.
- Stamp the sentiment with Real Red ink.
- Die Cut the bottom of the sentiment layer with the scalloped die from the Apple Blossom Dies.
- I cut the Garden Green Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper layer 2 5/8″ x 4″.
- Die cut the bottom of the patterned paper layer with the scalloped die, as well.
Color and Assemble The Card
- Stamp two apples with Soft Suede ink onto Basic White cardstock.
- I used Old Olive and Garden Green ink for the apple leaves, Real Red and Sweet Sorbet ink for the apples, and Soft Suede for the stem.
- I know the coloring is not perfect. It’s a fun process to ink up the sponge daubers and fill in the color. It’s quick, as well.
- Using the ink and sponge daubers made me feel like a genuine artist! You will, too!
- I die cut the apples with the coordinating die.
- I attached the small Basic White, and Gingham Cottage scalloped layer with Dimensionals.
- The Linen Thread background is simply a few wraps of thread around my fingers, crimped in the center with a large glue dot and attached to the card layer.
- I attached the apples and sentiment with Dimensionals and added a few Classic Matte Dots.
So, cut a simple card base, add Linen Thread, “sponge” some apples and create something to show gratitude.
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
STAMPIN’ UP! NOTES & NEWS
- The Pool Party and Soft Sea Foam Notes And Envelopes and the Tree Lot Dies from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure are no longer available.
- Stampin’ Up! has made more products available for FREE with a qualifying purchase so we all can continue to enjoy the benefits of Sale-A-Bration.
- Click the flyer below for details.
DON’T FORGET TO SALE-A-BRATE NOW THROUGH AUGUST 31ST
A FREE GIFT FROM ME
FESTIVE PEARLS WITH A MINIMUM OF $50.00 PRODUCT PURCHASE
SHOP WITH ME
What a happy vibrant card showcasing a new bundle. Great instructions too.
Thank you, Dorothy, for your kind words. Adding color to these apples, or any large, open image with a sponge dauber is quick and easy. Thank you, again.