Here’s something a little different from my norm. I played with ink, a blending brush, and embossed, too!
The embossing technique was one of the first I learned. I loved the raised lettering and images and embossed everything! I recall using my ink pads and a sponge to ink up cardstock. Now we have blending brushes. Adding ink to cardstock with a blending brush is easy and fun.
When I saw this patterned paper in the Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper, I knew I would eventually fill it with color. I experimented and the layer in today’s card is the result.
Today’s Card Pieces And Parts
- I cut a Basic White top fold card base 11″ x 4 1/4″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- The Basic Black layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″.
- The patterned paper layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- I started blending in the “fireworks” with differend ink colors and my blending brushes, then filled in the surrounding white spaces with Crushed Curry ink.
- Once the top layer was complete, I attached it to the Basic Black layer and on to the card front.
- I heat embossed the sentiment and balloon onto Basic Black cardstock.
- The sentiment is from the Celebrate With Tags stamp set.
- I die cut the sentiment with one of the dies from the Celebrations Tag Dies.
- The sentiment and balloon are attached with Dimensionals.
So, start with some fun patterned paper, get out your ink and Blending Brushes, let your imagination run free and create an original work of art!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
New Weekly Deals – Week of September 8th