Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Focus on the Sentiment. Our Design Team is showcasing a sentiment as the focal point of their project. We hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals share with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I was completely inspired by our Blog Hop’s theme this month and had so many ideas for my project. The Leaves of Holly Bundle kept moving into first place. I had to showcase the beautiful die cut sentiment frame in the Holly Berry Dies. Aren’t these holly berries beautiful, also?
I kept my card simple by using a neutral, monochromatic Designer Series Paper pattern from the Boughs of Holly paper pack. Gray Granite is a perfect background for Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow and I wanted the sentiment to get the attention.
Today’s Card Pieces And Parts
- I cut a tent fold Gray Granite card base 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored it at 4 1/4″.
- The Basic White layer is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, and the patterned paper layer is 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- The sentiment frame is die cut using Basic White Thick cardstock. I prefer the thicker weight for die cuts like this. It really pops the detail.
- The Mossy Meadow background for the holly leaves is die cut from one of the Holly Berry Dies.
- The holly berries are stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink and die cut with the coordinating die.
- This stamp set has a few “two-step stamping” stamps. The holly berries are one of them, but I chose to use only one stamp to create a better match to the holly leaves. Lots of white.
- I cut a strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and trimmed the corners to match the sentiment frame, then adhered it to the back of the frame. This helps the sentiment pop a little more and is in line with the framed holly leaves and berries.
- The stamped sentiments are Mossy Meadow and are in the Leaves of Holly stamp set.
- The “joy” sentiment is one of the laser cut sentiments in the Santa Express Memories & More card pack.
- I colored this sentiment with my Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend.
- The embellishments are Basic Pearls that I colored with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Blend.
- A little Linen Thread createed the bow which I tucked under the sentiment using a glue dot.
- The sentiment focal point is attached with Dimensionals.
So, find a fabulous sentiment frame, add a mixed font sentiment, some colored pearls and Linen Thread and create something to spread peace and joy!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 12th when our theme will be a color challenge!
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori L Webb at Clever Copies
Today’s Product Details