Thanksgiving is just a few short days away. I finished most of my shopping and am planning to spend the next few days preparing the holiday dinner to celebrate family. I love the Christmas season, but in my heart, Thanksgiving is on top. It’s all about “gratitude”.
Today’s card is an easy and classic card. When I saw this gingham pattern from the Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper, I knew it was going to be in some sort of a holiday card from my craft room. Pairing it with the Cottage Wreaths Bundle made perfect sense.
Today’s Card Pieces And Parts
- I cut a Cherry Cobbler cardstock base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored it at 5 1/2″.
- Both Basic White layers (the mat leyer on the card front and the inside layer) are cut 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- I strategically cut the gingham patterned paper layer 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″. (Actually, it’s a little shorter than 4 7/8″ because I wanted the darker gingham pattern to frame the layer. If you look closely at the card, you’ll see that it does).
- When you cut your gingham, you can slightly alter the dimensions to get this result, as well.
- I was careful not to cut the layer in the middle of the gingham lines in the pattern.
- The wreath is stamped with three differend ink colors. I stamped it first with Soft Succulent ink, then Old Olive ink, then Evening Evergreen ink.
- I used my Stamparatus (stamp positoning tool) to stamp the wreath.
- I die cut the bow using Cherry Cobbler cardstock, stamped the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler ink and added a large Basic Pearl colored with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend.
- The holly berries are stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink, die cut with the coordinating die and randomly placed on the wreath.
- “Peace & Joy” are stamps from the Leaves of Holly stamp set, as well as the holly leaves and berrries.
- The strip of gingham patterned paper at the bottom of the card is 1/2″ x 3 5/8″.
So, pull out your gingham patterned paper and your favorite wreath stamp. Add some holly berries and a bow, and create something to send “peace and joy.”
… the only liitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
Shop My Online Store At Stampin’ Up!