Today, I’m CASEing a CAS!
“CAS” is an acronym for Clean And Simple. A clean and simple card design has certain criteria – lots of white space, few or no layers, and little or no embellishments. I may hvae gone a little over the top with my sparkling sequins, but don’t you think a pretty rainbow in the clouds should sparkle and shine?
I’m showcasing the Covered In Sunshine stamp set. I’ve never posted a “favorites” list here, though I must tell you that this stamp set was absolutely at the top of my favorites. And, it was Stampin’ Up!’s version of this card that caught my eye. My CASE (an acronym for “copy and selectively edit”) is on page 37 in the January-April Mini Catalog.
Today’s Card Parts & Pieces
- I cut a Basic White card base 5 1/2″ x 8 /2″ and scored at 4 1/4″.
- The cloud pattern Designer Series Paper layer is from the Enjoy The Journey DSP pack.
- I cut the patterned paper layer 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″.
- The rainbow sentiment is stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Using the brush tip on my Stampin’ Blends, I shaded over each of the sentiment lines.
- I stamped the sun with Pumpkin Pie ink and shaded the inside with a Dark So Saffron Blend.
- Originally, I didn’t add a layer under the top layer.
- To give the top layer a little lifr, I added a thin Coastal Cabana mat leyer. This also draws attention to the Coastal Cabana sky.
- The Coastal Cabana mat layer is a “smidgen” larger than 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″.
- “Smoidgen” means “just a little”.
- I scattered a few of the white sequins from my Adhesive Backed Seasonal Sequins for some subtle sparkle.
So, take a look at the Covered In Sunshine stamp set, put it on your Wish List and think about what colors your rainbow would be.
… the only limitation is your imagination!
Today’s Product Details
Free Gift From Me
From now until January 31st, for a minimum product purchase of $50.00 (before shipping and tas), , you will receive a FREE Mini Card Kit along with a Video Tutorial link and Project Sheet to help you assemble the cards. The card bases, layers and elements are all included. You add your sentiments and assemble.
January Host Code: YZ7RBPBF
If your order is $50.00 (before shipping and tax), please use the Host Code above when prompted. You will receive Rewards from me along with the Mini Card Kit featured above. If your order is over $150.00 (before shipping and tax), please do not use the Host Code. You will receive Stampin’ Rewards. You will also receive Creative Coins and the FREE Mini Card Kit from me.