I’m showcasing “A Walk In The Forest” Designer Series Paper today. The mat layers of cardstock draw attention to the patterns in the Designer Series Paper. The traditional holiday Real Red and Garden Green are enhanced by adding some Pretty Peacock. This color combination is, of course, inspired by the Designer Series Paper.
A while back, I featured a card with an offset layer on the left side of the card front. In this card, I offset the large focal point layer on the right side, and loosely duplicated the design in the patterned paper with die cuts from a few current die sets.
So, let’s make a card!
Parts & Pieces
- Cut a Garden Green cardstock card base 4 1/4″ x 11″, and score at 5 1/2″.
- The Pretty Peacock cardstock layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Cut the Garden Green holiday tree patterned paper layer 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Cut two Real Red cardstock strips; one at 1/2″ x 5 1/4″, and the second at 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. These strips will attach to the back of the top patterned paper leaving a slight reveal on the bottom and left sides of the layer.
- I cut the holly berry and pine bough patterned paper 4″ x 5 1/4″. Trim this layer after you adhere the Real Red cardstock strips to the back, and attacch it to the holiday tree patterned paper layer.
- You can trim this layer from the back.
- The die cut elements are from the Magical Meadow and Autumn Leaves Dies.
- I stamped the sentiment (from the Stars At Night Stamp Set), with Real Red ink.
- I continued the sentiment on the inside of the card.
Matching the patterned paper, cutting the coordinating cardstock layers and adding a “color pop” with some die cut elements was an enjoyable process for me.
So, create a unique card using a design you’ve used in the past, coordinate your patterns and cardstock, and re-create a pattern with die cut elements. It’s always fun to “express your creativity”!
… the only limitation is your imagination!
November Card Kit
November Host Code EJJXMSSF
- During the month of November, with a minimum product purchse of $50.00 from my online store, you will receive all of the supplies to crewate these two cards as I’ve designed them, along with a PDF Tutorial and a Video Tutorial so you can make the cards along with me.
- You will need your favorite adhesive and sentiment stamp.
- To receive this FREE Card Kit, you must use the Host Code above when placing your order.
- If your order is $150.00 or more, please don’t use the Host Code. You will receive Stampin’ Rewards directly from Stampin’ Up!, and you will also receive the FREE Card Kit.