A very special friend is celebrating her birthday on Friday. I thought this card would be a perfect way to say “Happy Birthday”.
The Basic Black card base and layer make a nice neutral canvas for the beautiful colors in the patterned paper. The patterned paper is from “Whole Lot of Lovely” Designer Series Paper and is one of the selections in the Designer Series Paper Sale going on now at Stampin’ Up!. The patterns range from pretty, delicate florals to colorful, bolder stripes and dots. I used Powder Pink card stock as an accent color for this card. That Gold Faceted Gem adds just the right amount of sparkle.
So grab your Basic Black card stock, add some pretty patterned paper and a bold sentiment, crop a few flagged banners, and create something amazing!
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE WORLD CARD MAKING DAY PROMOTION
Click on the banner below for all the details.
THERE’S STILL TIME FOR THE BUY THREE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE
Click on the banner below for all the details.
Here’s a clean and simple birthday card that you can put together in just a few minutes. This card is just stamps, paper and ink… and your Big Shot will get a good work-out.
This project showcases the Flower Patch stamp set from the current Annual Catalog. The Flower Patch stamp set features large images which are perfect to create the clean and simple collage look I wanted. I quickly and easily cropped all the images with the matching Flower Fair Framelits Dies and my Big Shot.
Pink Pirouette and Sahara Sand is one of my favorite color combinations. They’re both cool and soft, but because the stamped flowers are large and bold, I thought I needed a little pop of bold color. Sweet Sugarplum was my choice. It works beautifully with both Pink Pirouette and Sahara Sand. The “Happy Birthday” sentiment is stamped with Sweet Sugarplum ink onto a hand cropped flagged banner.
I layered my stamped elements onto a cropped Stitched Square and attached the focal point to my card layer with dimensionals. Easy, easy, easy…
So, crop a few large flowers, bunch them all together, mount them on a square and create something bold!
RETIRING PRODUCT LISTS
The sun is setting on the Balloon Pop Up Thinlits Dies, the Party Animal Designer Series Paper and the Party Animal Embellishments. Check out the discounts below:
- The Party Animal Embellishments are 40% off – from $7.00 to $4.20.
- The Party Animal Designer Series Paper is 40% off – from $11.00 to $6.60.
- The Balloon Pop Up Thinlits Dies are 50% off – from $33.00 to $16.50… WOW!
Is it a shaker card or isn’t it? Hard to tell with the polka dot pattern from the Party Animal Designer Series Paper. The Balloon Pop Up Thinlits Dies make creating this card easy, and don’t forget the matching balloon embellishment. Most of the items in the Party Animal Suite on page 4 and 5 of the Occasions Catalog are 40% to 50% off while supplies last. Click here to see my original post celebrating the Party Animal Suite.
The sun is setting on the Sealed With Love stamp set and the Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack. Check out these discounts below. Purchase the stamp set at 25% off and add the Love Note Framelit Dies (which you will use over and over in many of your projects – not just for Valentine’s Day). The entire Sending Love Suite is on pages 14 and 15 of the Occasions Catalog. Click here to see my original post celebrating the Sealed With Love Suite.
- Sealed With Love photopolymer stamp set is 25% off – from $21.00 to $15.75… that’s 27 stamps for $15.75… another WOW!
- Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack is is 40% off – from $10.00 to $6.00.
- Mini Paper Clips Combo Embellishment Pack is 40% off – $5.00 to $3.00.
There’s so much more to purchase at fantastic discounts, but only until supplies last. You can download the Retiring Product List in PDF format here. For more details on the retired products, click here.
So, for just about $50.00, order all of the supplies I mentioned above and create many, many beautiful card designs. Remember, everything is Stampin’ Up! quality.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Every time I walked past my craft table, I looked at the beautiful 6″ X 6″ Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack just sitting there. I had to use it… the colors and sparkle are so pretty. The glimmer paper was my inspiration for this card. Unfortunately, my photography doesn’t do it the justice it deserves.
It “sparkled” so beautifully, I thought it would pair nicely with the “Love Sparkles” stamp set and that led me to my “Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies” which led me to the “Sunshine Sayings” stamp set. So, now I had my supplies but I wasn’t sure what I would do with them. I realized the flower from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set matched nicely with the small floral die from the Sunshine Wishes thinlits. My card was born… a clean, simple and versatile birthday or congratulations card with lots of “sparkle”.
There’s only a few days left for Sale-A-Bration and the Glimmer Paper is no longer available, but you could replace the colors with Blushing Bride, Silver and Gold Glimmer Paper… I think that would be a beautiful combination on a Blushing Bride card base.
So that my flowers would balance the sentiment, I had to use three. One flower wouldn’t have been enough to balance the size of the sentiment and two didn’t give me the “anchoring” I wanted. Three worked perfectly, but I wanted to mask the third flower into the bunch,
I’m sure most of you know what “masking” is, but here’s a quick how to:
- Stamp the image you want to “mask” onto a sticky note getting as close to the edge where the sticky side is (sticky side down).
- Fussy cut the image on the sticky note. (For this card, I did this twice).
- I stamped the Mint Macaron flower in the bottom left corner, stamping off the edge slightly.
- Next I stamped the Bermuda Bay image above and to the right of the Mint Macaron image not allowing the images to touch each other.
- I placed one sticky note image over the Mint Macaron flower and one over the Bermuda Bay flower as precisely as I could.
- Then, I stamped the Sweet Sugarplum flower over both covered flowers so it would only stamp in the area between the covered flowers.
- It looks like the Sweet Sugarplum flower is behind the other two flowers.
So, pull out some glimmer paper, add a little sparkle and create something fun!
Aren’t these bumble bees adorable? They’re easy as one, two, three… with Stampin’ Up!’s Dragonfly Dreams Thinlits Dies and your Big Shot!
I’m spending the week going through all those sticky tabs I put on my 2016-2017 Annual Catalog last year. Today’s card showcases the pretty “Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper”. This paper pack is fun and colorful. It features a few of the soon to retire “2015-2017 In Colors”, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder.
Here’s today’s “How To”:
- I started with a Tip Top Taupe A-2 card base and added a thin Whisper White layer.
- My third layer (4″ X 5 1/4″) is the random dot pattern from the Affectionately Yours DSP.
- The Floral layer measures 2 1/2″ X 5″‘.
- With my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, I punched a quick tag to display more of the patterned paper and to give my design a little more of a “collage” look. You can see that piece sticking out of the right side of the floral layer.
- I gave my Big Shot a work out using my Layering Squares Framelits… easy, easy, easy to crop.
- My Big Shot cropped two bumble bees from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.
- I hand cropped a sentiment banner using one of the sentiments from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set with Night of Navy ink.
- My color inspiration came from the patterned paper.
- The “focal point” (center collage) includes my sentiment banner, which is typical. Usually a sentiment is included in the focal point of a card design, or the sentiment IS the focal point.
- I followed the typical design “rule of thirds” repeatedly in this card. There are three layered squares, three embellishments (two bumble bees and a White Perfect Accent dot), and three different paper patterns.
- The design is balanced since the “weight” of the design is in the collage near the center of the card and is anchored by the floral strip and sentiment banner.
- The color white balances the colors from the first card layer to the top Perfect Accent dot. White flows from bottom to top holding all the colors together. It’s a great neutral.
So, pick out your favorite patterned paper, crop a few cool shapes, embellish, balance and create something fun and colorful!
There’s til time to take advantage of Sale-A-Bration. Order the Layering Squares Framelits below, add the 2015-2017 card stock pack and coordinating Affectionately Yours DSP and you can pick out a free stamp set from either of the Sale-A-Bration brochures found in my online store by clicking the link below.