Happy new week!
If you’re in the midst of the winter storm coming to the Northeast early this week, I hope you are safe, warm and well. I just heard a forecast for New Jersey and we’re supposed to get the greater part of 18 inches of snow. I’m not looking forward to that since we had a taste of Spring last week. Snow is pretty though, especially when it’s falling, so I’ll enjoy the view.
Speaking of Spring, let’s get to today’s card. My “Spring Butterfly” is another generic card… happy birthday, thinking of you, get well, wedding, and I’m sure you can think of a few more occasions. Another “Clean and Simple” card, I finished this one in just a few minutes.
My inspiration for this card was Stampin’ Up!’s 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. Take a look at the image from the Catalog below. I used the cropped butterfly image with the gold thread behind it, the sentiment stamp is the same and the colors are the same.
The photo inspired me because I liked the softness of the color palette.
Here’s the simple “How To”: All images are from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterfly Basics stamp set and the cropped butterfly is from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterflies Thinlits Dies.
- Start with a Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Crop a Whisper White layer measuring 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- Directly in the center of the layer, stamp the fern image in Pear Pizzazz ink (stamp off once). Stamping off once means to ink your image, stamp it on a scrap piece of paper, then stamp onto your project. The image will stamp lighter.
- Ink up the honeycomb stamp with Sahara Sand ink and, stamping off once, stamp the honeycomb on the bottom left corner and the middle right side of the layer. (I used half the honeycomb image on the middle right side).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom right corner with Sahara Sand ink.
- Crop the medium butterfly from the Butterflies Thinlies Dies using Pool Party card stock.
- Roll up some Gold Metallic Thread and anchor it to the stamped fern image about 1/3 from the bottom of the image.
- Attach the butterfly to the fern with some green glue
- Add a few embellishments (remember the design “rule of thirds”).
- Attach your finished layer to your card base with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Send your card to someone very special!
So, pull out your Stampin’ Up! 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, pour your favorite cup of tea and find your inspiration to create something stunning!
Here’s a really quick card project using Stampin’ Up!’s Floral Boutique Suite from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. You can’t get more “Clean and Simple” and “Quick and Easy” than this! Make a few with your favorite colors and sentiments.
For this card, I used Whisper White card stock with a Night of Navy Base and accent layer. The sentiment I chose is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. I just liked the font with the florals for a bit of a different look. The sentiments from the coordinating Floral Phrases stamp set are beautiful as well, and you’ll save 10% by purchasing the Floral Boutique Bundle. This one’s not just for Spring!
Here’s the Project Review:
- Top a standard A-2 card base with a Whisper White Layer.
- Run the beautiful “Detailed Floral Framelit” die through your Big Shot and attach it to the Whisper White layer with some green glue.
- Add your sentiment to the center of the card above the floral details.
- I couldn’t resist adding a few pearls to the finished card. They seem to add a little more delicate detail to the delicate details in the framelit layer.
- Done! Quick! Easy! Fun! Beautiful!
- … and don’t forget to embellish the envelope!
So, grab that PERFECT framelit, your favorite card stock, a beautiful sentiment and create something FUN!
We all need one of those generic birthday cards. This one can be masculine or feminine and for an adult or child. Today’s project is simple and quick to put together. Just pick out your favorite patterned paper, match it up with a card base color, and with Stampin’ Up!’s “That’s The Tag” bundle you can stamp the sentiment and crop the pretty sunburst tag in no time at all.
That’s The Tag Bundle
- I started with two patterns from the Party Animal Designer Series Paper. The striped layer is 5 1/2″ X 3 3/8″ and the Crushed Curry Candle pattern layer is 4″ X 2 3/4″.
- Then, I chose Emerald Envy card stock as my standard A-2 card base.
- Attach the patterned paper to Pacific Point card layers cut slightly larger than the dimensions for the patterned paper. This helps make the layers look more finished.
- With my Big Shot and the Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies, I cropped sentiment oval base in Whisper White and stamped the dotted frame with Crushed Curry ink and the Happy Birthday sentiment with Pacific Point ink. Both stamps are from the “That’s The Tag” stamp set.
- I used the sunburst tag framelit to crop the sunburst with Pacific Point card stock. Thin lines of green glue worked well to attach the sunburst to the Whisper White sentiment layer.
- I cropped the little stars with the thinlit included with the Timeless Tags Thinlit Dies and glued them onto the right bottom of the sentiment layer in a random pattern. Just a dot of the green glue works great to attach each star.
- A bit of Whisper White Baker’s Twine finished my tag.
This bundle is definitely one you want to own. The sentiments are appropriate for almost any occasion and the thinlits are a fun way to make your projects special. When you purchase the “bundle”, you save 10%.
So, grab your favorite Stampin’ Up! bundle, stamp an image, crop a few shapes and create something special.
And remember, during Sale-A-Bration, for every $50.00 product purchase, you earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration item. Click my online store link below for all the Sale-A-Bration details.
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring or Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
When I think of Spring, I think of flowers. Flowers are wonderful to look at and smell. I enjoy having them around my home and I treat myself to fresh flowers often, especially in the winter.
When I was preparing my project for today’s Hop, I knew I was going to use the Avant-Garden Stamp Set, a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. This is the first time I used these stamps… they are gorgeous! It’s hard to say, since all the products in this year’s Sale-A-Bration Brochures are the best I’ve ever seen during a Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration event, but I do think this set will stick around for a while, at least in my stamping room. For a look at all the Sale-A-Bration projects, you can click on the catalogs in the right sidebar.
I paired the Avant-Garden flower with the swirly circle stamp from the very “avant-garde” Timeless Textures stamp set (in the Annual Catalog). Both stamps have a beautiful texture. I stamped the swirly circles with Whisper White Craft Ink which adds even more texture to the already detailed stamp. I hope you can see it in the photo below, but if you run your fingers across the stamped circles, they are actually raised (keep in mind my stamp pad was pretty juicy, making the images a little thicker, and drying time a little longer).
My color inspiration came from a patio set that caught my eye from a catalog I just received in the mail… Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Bermuda Bay. I added just a hint of Crushed Curry for a little color pop… remember, when in doubt, go with a yellow. It seems everything was nicely laid out for me to complete my project. As we stampers always say, inspiration can come from anywhere.
So, get yourself the Avant-Garden stamp set, pair it with an avant-garde image or two, and create something gorgeous!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb… (you are here)
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
Let’s Celebrate the new “Party Animal” Suite! Are you a Party Animal? I always enjoy a party… it’s fun to be with good people, celebrating something!
The Party Animal Suite is the first “fun” new Suite in the Occasions Catalog. The Balloon Adventures Stamp Set is photopolymer… perfectly clear so you can see where you’re stamping and the images adhere beautifully to the clear blocks. There are 17 stamps with fun images and whimsical fonts. The Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies make it so easy to create the card above.
That little balloon charm in the lower left corner of the card is one of two designs from the Party Aniimal Embellishments. The detail is beautiful and it’s fun to add that extra little bling.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the pattern paper. I’ve admitted in the past that yes, I am addicted to patterned paper. The Party Animal Designer Series Paper is super cute! The bright colors and fun designs say “celebrate” and “have fun”. I paired the polka dot pattern with Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Emerald Envy card stock and layered it all on a Whisper White card base.
Take a look at the video below to see all the fun projects you can create with the Balloon Adventures Bundle.
And, if you purchase the Balloon adventures Bundle, you will qualify for any FREE Sale-A-Bration product from the brochure below. I know you’ll have fun with this.
Click on the brochure below to view the Brochure PDF
The 2017 Occasions Catalog PDF
So, grab a great bundle, find some cool and whimsical patterned paper, crop a framed design and crate something smashing!
JOIN MY TEAM – PURCHASE THE ULTIMATE BUNDLE
Click on the image below for more details.