Isn’t it great to start your Monday with a rainbow? And there are two of them. Happy Monday, indeed!
We have a fun week ahead. The customer launch of Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog is tomorrow. You’ve probably seen so many wonderful Sneak Peeks, but there’s more to come. I can promise you that. I’ll have a downloadable PDF of the new catalog available for you tomorrow and yes, I can now show you pictures of the new products and many more cards for your inspiration. So, stay tuned and keep checking in.
Aren’t these cards the cutest? This month’s Paper Pumpkin Kit is full of bright colors that shout warmer weather and lots of sunshine. I’m not a big fan of shaped cards, but I knew these rainbows would brighten someone’s birthday. I used two of the die cut rainbows from the kit. With Dimensionals, I attached one on a Bermuda Bay card layer and one on Granny Apple Green. The sun sticker had to be at the end of each rainbow which is exactly where the sun should be! I added a little sparkle under the sentiment banner and popped on a few Clear Epoxy Droplets. Two cards in just a few minutes.
There’s plenty more imagination in this Kit. I’m sure I’ll have fun remaking the rest of it. I will share more of it with you.
For more details on the Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kit, click here.
So, find a rainbow, add sunshine at the end, a few colorful layers and some sparkle, and create something colorful and happy!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Stay Tuned for our JOIN+ Promotion starting tomorrow.
It’s a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! New team members get even MORE FREE products in their customizable Starter Kit. From May 4th through May 31st new team members can get $155 worth of eligible products for only $99 + free business supplies + free shipping + a FREE past Paper Pumpkin Kit + and there just might be a rainbow in that Kit!… + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up!
More details tomorrow or you can click “Join My Team” in the menu above.
I would love to have you on my Team. We have monthly stamping meet-ups and wonderfully talented stampers. We share tips and projects with each other and most importantly, we have fun!
Click to shop my online store at Stampin’ Up!
Good Morning, Sunday! It’s time for another Paper Players Challenge! This week, our fabulous Joanne has a Theme Challenge for us. Joanne is asking us to come up with anything that reminds us of boys. Snails, puppies, superheroes… and the list goes on. We would love to see what you come up with so link up with us and join the fun.
This past week was busy and I didn’t take a look at our Challenge until Friday. When I saw the theme was “boys” what first came to mind was a superhero, a rock star or sports star. My son has grown into a wonderful man, but he still loves sports.
I went into my stamp archives and realized I didn’t have much of anything to create a project for boys. Lots of flowers and frills, but not much for boys. I will remedy that without a doubt, but the word “star” kept coming to me. Ok, “star” it is!! In my eyes, my son is a star, (along with my daughter, of course)! I hope you enjoy my “star” card for boys.
The striped pattern paper was my color inspiration. The piece of colorful striped DSP is from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper, which is in the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. The release is only 2 days away!! My thought was to use primary colors and lots of stars. The sentiment, which I found while digging through my stamp collection, is from an oldie called “Pictogram Punches”. It goes back to 2016 and I thought it would be a perfect fit for this card design. All of the stars except for the embellishments are die cut with my first “star” dies called “Stars Framelits Dies”. I really went back into my archives for this project.
Once again, it was fun to mix the old with the new.
So, go through your stamps, ink and paper and come up with something fun to link up with us over at the Paper Players. We always enjoy your creations!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
There’s only a few days left to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s Last Chance Products Sale.
You can click on the image below for the remaining products.
Click to shop my online store at Stampin’ Up!
Oh what Fun! Today’s card was a snap to put together and so much fun to play with all the colors. I was clueless as to what to create for today’s post. The Playing With Patterns DSP was on the corner of my desk so I looked at every pattern and found my inspiration. This piece of patterned paper screamed “Curvy Celebrations” to me! The Playing With Patterns DSP is 15% off now through October 31st. Details are below.
I cut the DSP into strips and ran each one through my cutting machine with the Curvy Dies. Layering my cropped strips was easy since I followed the color pattern in the Designer Series Paper. Calypso Coral and Night of Navy is another favorite color combination of mine. They both popped out on the patterned paper, so I used Calypso Coral as my card base and Night of Navy for my sentiment.
I really love how this card turned out. This is a cute project for a masculine birthday or a child’s birthday. Make a few to have on hand for just about any celebration. That’s exactly what I intend to do.
The new Quite Curvy Variety Bundle is being released on November 3rd. I love the versatility and product coordination of this Bundle and you will, as well. Quite Curvy Variety Bundle products cannot be purchased individually during the early release. They will be available separately in the January 2021 Mini Catalog.
So, pull out some colorful Designer Series Paper, crop a few curvy layers, and create something fun!
The only limitation is your imagination!
We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from our current catalogs! Now is a great time save on some of our most popular paper designs! There is no limit to how many you can order. You can click on the image below to download a PDF with all the details.
The new Quite Curvy Variety Bundle is being released on November 3rd. I love the versatility and product coordination of this Bundle and you will, as well. Quite Curvy Variety Bundle products cannot be purchased individually during the early release in November. They will be available separately in the January 2021 Mini Catalog. So, get the bundle as soon as you can and mark your calendars for November 3rd.
We all need one of those generic birthday cards. This one can be masculine or feminine and for an adult or child. Today’s project is simple and quick to put together. Just pick out your favorite patterned paper, match it up with a card base color, and with Stampin’ Up!’s “That’s The Tag” bundle you can stamp the sentiment and crop the pretty sunburst tag in no time at all.
That’s The Tag Bundle
- I started with two patterns from the Party Animal Designer Series Paper. The striped layer is 5 1/2″ X 3 3/8″ and the Crushed Curry Candle pattern layer is 4″ X 2 3/4″.
- Then, I chose Emerald Envy card stock as my standard A-2 card base.
- Attach the patterned paper to Pacific Point card layers cut slightly larger than the dimensions for the patterned paper. This helps make the layers look more finished.
- With my Big Shot and the Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies, I cropped sentiment oval base in Whisper White and stamped the dotted frame with Crushed Curry ink and the Happy Birthday sentiment with Pacific Point ink. Both stamps are from the “That’s The Tag” stamp set.
- I used the sunburst tag framelit to crop the sunburst with Pacific Point card stock. Thin lines of green glue worked well to attach the sunburst to the Whisper White sentiment layer.
- I cropped the little stars with the thinlit included with the Timeless Tags Thinlit Dies and glued them onto the right bottom of the sentiment layer in a random pattern. Just a dot of the green glue works great to attach each star.
- A bit of Whisper White Baker’s Twine finished my tag.
This bundle is definitely one you want to own. The sentiments are appropriate for almost any occasion and the thinlits are a fun way to make your projects special. When you purchase the “bundle”, you save 10%.
So, grab your favorite Stampin’ Up! bundle, stamp an image, crop a few shapes and create something special.
And remember, during Sale-A-Bration, for every $50.00 product purchase, you earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration item. Click my online store link below for all the Sale-A-Bration details.
Here’s a “Simple Sunday Sampler” for you today with a new “Design Tip”.
Design Tip for pattern mixing:
- Mixing patterns is a neat way to use patterned paper as a single design element. Patterns mix well when they have contrasting designs. An illustration of this is to look at the Cucumber Crush plaid pattern matched with the Crushed Curry horizontal dotted pattern strip under the oval… lines and circles… but because the colors are “analogous” or next to each other on the color wheel, they work together.
- The pattern in the first card layer, the white background with the Crushed Curry dots, is dots in a linear square pattern. This acts as an anchor to the linear plaid pattern and the dotted pattern. Interesting, isn’t it? I really enjoy researching and sharing these tips.
- I’ve always been the type of person that has to know “why?” Many of you may not be, but not to worry because Stampin’ Up! does all of that for us.
I chose these patterns from Stampin’ Up!’s “Cherry On Top” Designer Series Paper Stack.
The stamp set, “Honeycomb Happiness” is FREE with a $50.00 product purchase from either current catalog during Sale-A-Bration until March 31st.
Click on the Sale-A-Bration Brochure below for stamp set details
So, grab some patterned paper, create a “design element” and make something wonderful!