Aren’t these bumble bees adorable? They’re easy as one, two, three… with Stampin’ Up!’s Dragonfly Dreams Thinlits Dies and your Big Shot!
I’m spending the week going through all those sticky tabs I put on my 2016-2017 Annual Catalog last year. Today’s card showcases the pretty “Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper”. This paper pack is fun and colorful. It features a few of the soon to retire “2015-2017 In Colors”, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder.
Here’s today’s “How To”:
- I started with a Tip Top Taupe A-2 card base and added a thin Whisper White layer.
- My third layer (4″ X 5 1/4″) is the random dot pattern from the Affectionately Yours DSP.
- The Floral layer measures 2 1/2″ X 5″‘.
- With my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, I punched a quick tag to display more of the patterned paper and to give my design a little more of a “collage” look. You can see that piece sticking out of the right side of the floral layer.
- I gave my Big Shot a work out using my Layering Squares Framelits… easy, easy, easy to crop.
- My Big Shot cropped two bumble bees from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.
- I hand cropped a sentiment banner using one of the sentiments from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set with Night of Navy ink.
- My color inspiration came from the patterned paper.
- The “focal point” (center collage) includes my sentiment banner, which is typical. Usually a sentiment is included in the focal point of a card design, or the sentiment IS the focal point.
- I followed the typical design “rule of thirds” repeatedly in this card. There are three layered squares, three embellishments (two bumble bees and a White Perfect Accent dot), and three different paper patterns.
- The design is balanced since the “weight” of the design is in the collage near the center of the card and is anchored by the floral strip and sentiment banner.
- The color white balances the colors from the first card layer to the top Perfect Accent dot. White flows from bottom to top holding all the colors together. It’s a great neutral.
So, pick out your favorite patterned paper, crop a few cool shapes, embellish, balance and create something fun and colorful!
There’s til time to take advantage of Sale-A-Bration. Order the Layering Squares Framelits below, add the 2015-2017 card stock pack and coordinating Affectionately Yours DSP and you can pick out a free stamp set from either of the Sale-A-Bration brochures found in my online store by clicking the link below.
Happy new week!
If you’re in the midst of the winter storm coming to the Northeast early this week, I hope you are safe, warm and well. I just heard a forecast for New Jersey and we’re supposed to get the greater part of 18 inches of snow. I’m not looking forward to that since we had a taste of Spring last week. Snow is pretty though, especially when it’s falling, so I’ll enjoy the view.
Speaking of Spring, let’s get to today’s card. My “Spring Butterfly” is another generic card… happy birthday, thinking of you, get well, wedding, and I’m sure you can think of a few more occasions. Another “Clean and Simple” card, I finished this one in just a few minutes.
My inspiration for this card was Stampin’ Up!’s 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. Take a look at the image from the Catalog below. I used the cropped butterfly image with the gold thread behind it, the sentiment stamp is the same and the colors are the same.
The photo inspired me because I liked the softness of the color palette.
Here’s the simple “How To”: All images are from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterfly Basics stamp set and the cropped butterfly is from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterflies Thinlits Dies.
- Start with a Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Crop a Whisper White layer measuring 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- Directly in the center of the layer, stamp the fern image in Pear Pizzazz ink (stamp off once). Stamping off once means to ink your image, stamp it on a scrap piece of paper, then stamp onto your project. The image will stamp lighter.
- Ink up the honeycomb stamp with Sahara Sand ink and, stamping off once, stamp the honeycomb on the bottom left corner and the middle right side of the layer. (I used half the honeycomb image on the middle right side).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom right corner with Sahara Sand ink.
- Crop the medium butterfly from the Butterflies Thinlies Dies using Pool Party card stock.
- Roll up some Gold Metallic Thread and anchor it to the stamped fern image about 1/3 from the bottom of the image.
- Attach the butterfly to the fern with some green glue
- Add a few embellishments (remember the design “rule of thirds”).
- Attach your finished layer to your card base with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Send your card to someone very special!
So, pull out your Stampin’ Up! 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, pour your favorite cup of tea and find your inspiration to create something stunning!
Let’s Celebrate the new “Party Animal” Suite! Are you a Party Animal? I always enjoy a party… it’s fun to be with good people, celebrating something!
The Party Animal Suite is the first “fun” new Suite in the Occasions Catalog. The Balloon Adventures Stamp Set is photopolymer… perfectly clear so you can see where you’re stamping and the images adhere beautifully to the clear blocks. There are 17 stamps with fun images and whimsical fonts. The Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies make it so easy to create the card above.
That little balloon charm in the lower left corner of the card is one of two designs from the Party Aniimal Embellishments. The detail is beautiful and it’s fun to add that extra little bling.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the pattern paper. I’ve admitted in the past that yes, I am addicted to patterned paper. The Party Animal Designer Series Paper is super cute! The bright colors and fun designs say “celebrate” and “have fun”. I paired the polka dot pattern with Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Emerald Envy card stock and layered it all on a Whisper White card base.
Take a look at the video below to see all the fun projects you can create with the Balloon Adventures Bundle.
And, if you purchase the Balloon adventures Bundle, you will qualify for any FREE Sale-A-Bration product from the brochure below. I know you’ll have fun with this.
Click on the brochure below to view the Brochure PDF
The 2017 Occasions Catalog PDF
So, grab a great bundle, find some cool and whimsical patterned paper, crop a framed design and crate something smashing!
JOIN MY TEAM – PURCHASE THE ULTIMATE BUNDLE
Click on the image below for more details.
Cheers for Stampin’ Up!’s “Here’s To Cheers” Clear Mount Stamp Set… and it’s part of the current “Online Extravaganza” promotion going on right now. Act fast, you can only get this great deal for another day. This stamp set is 20% off and you’ll use it again and again.
For the past two weeks, I’ve been hosting card classes and this stamp set and card was a huge success. How’s this for a holiday greeting, or a sparkling “Happy New Year” note, or even a special birthday wish… and how about adding some glitter and gold?
Same sketch, same stamp, two different cards.
- I put together both cards using a standard A-2 (5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″) card base with Whisper White card stock.
- Each flagged banner is hand cropped and measures 2″ X 3 1/2″. The banner in the first card is cropped from a strop of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (p. 175 in the Annual Catalog).
- I punched all of the circles with my 2″ Circle Punch using Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White and older Brushed Gold card stock (the Gold Foil Sheet featured in the current Annual Catalog would be just as pretty).
- The gorgeous Sweet Sugarplum ribbon is from the current Holiday Catalog. It’s full of shimmering texture and very soft.
- I added a few Fancy Frost sequins to the top card and punched a few 1/2″ circles from the Gold and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
- Sweet Sugarplum card stock and ink is a beautiful contrast to the Whisper White base.
So, find that special stamp, punch a few circles, add a flagged banner, and create something stunning!
Stamps, paper and ink… that’s what stamping is all about… and this card illustrates that perfectly.
Last week, I attended Stampin’ Up!’s “On Stage” semi-annual event. It was a wonderful experience, and of course, I had the opportunity to meet and create with many exceptionally talented ladies. Along with the social and stamping time, we were able to get a detailed look at the up-coming Occasions Catalog and the new Sale-A-Bration products. One of the presenters talked about “stamps, paper and ink… that’s what stamping is all about”. I created this card in less than 10 minutes with nothing more than stamps, paper and ink; and the glue, of course.
The new products will be available for purchase on January 4th when Sale-A-Bration begins. Sale-A-Bration’s Free Product Brochure (also available on January 4th) is the best I’ve ever seen.
- Dragonfly Dreams has beautifully detailed, two step stamping images, and is photopolymer.
- I used a Night of Navy card base with alternate Whisper White and Island Indigo layers.
- The ink splatters were stamped off once with Soft Sky ink.
- The base of the dragonfly wings is stamped with Island Indigo ink and the dragonfly is stamped over the base with Night of Navy ink.
- The sentiment font is whimsical and versatile and I’m sure I’ll be mixing and matching the images from this set in many future projects.
Those who have placed orders from me within the past year will receive your copy of the Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Brochure FREE. I’ve already pre-ordered for you as a thank you. These catalogs are scheduled to begin shipping on December 15th. If you don’t receive yours by the end of December, please e-mail me.
So, pull out some stamps, paper and ink and create something simple and sweet.