A happy Wednesday wish for you!
When I first saw the Noble Peacock Suite, I knew I would own it. It’s blue! The photopolymer stamp images of the Royal Peacock Stamp Set are so beautifully detailed that the matching Detailed Peacock Dies are only a bonus. I’ll save them for another post. Today’s project is simply stamps, ink and paper… oh and a whole lot of bling. My photography doesn’t do this card the justice it deserves.
I have a Stampin’ Story to share about the bling.
I was just finishing up this card when my daughter came by to visit. I was deciding where to add just a few Noble Peacock Rhinestones, when Alison came into my craft room.
She completely ignored the design “rule of thirds” and added the rhinestones to just about every eye in the peacock tail. I have to admit, I liked it and I enjoyed watching her get lost in her own creativity. We stamped a few more cards and now I have to place another order for the rhinestones!!
When Alison was about 3 or 4 years old, she loved anything with rhinestones, fringe and feathers… the more something sparkled, the more she loved it and if it had fringe or feathers, she wouldn’t let it go… she certainly hasn’t lost her love for the sparkle. She’s very much an adult now, and an incredibly dedicated 5th grade school teacher. I am as “proud as a peacock” of all of her accomplishments!
Here’s the Clean and Simple How To:
- I cut a standard A-2 size card base layer in Pretty Peacock card stock, added a 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″ Old Olive card stock layer and cut a 4″ X 5 1/4″ layer of Whisper White;
- I used the Stamparatus to set the large peacock stamp on one flap and the tail overlay stamp on the second flap. The Stamparatus makes stamping this card so easy;
- I stamped the large peacock with Pretty Peacock ink and used my Encore Gold Metallic ink pad to stamp the peacock tail overlay. The gold metallic did show up nicely, but you could also gold emboss the tail overlay for a more textured look.
- The “You are incredible” sentiment is from the Royal Peacock stamp set.
- Added lots and lots of Noble Peacock Rhinestones.
So, grab a beautifully detailed stamp, add a few card stock layers, lots and lots of bling and create something incredible!
Wishing you all a joyful Monday!
Did you know that the hummingbird is slightly different from other feathered creatures? They can fly in any direction and hover in one spot appearing to be motionless. The hummingbird brings joy to flowers as it helps them reproduce. Plants flower and live because of the hummingbird. The hummingbird is also a symbol of joy for us!! Okay, I’m finished… now we can talk about today’s card.
Look at this stunning patterned paper! It’s the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper. It’s hard to see in the photo, but this paper has the texture of mosaic tile and a slight sheen; it is a heavier weight making it perfect for little gift boxes. Color inspiration for your projects is endless with the Mosaic Mood Specialty paper since there are so many colors in this medley. Below is today’s palette.
Below is more inspiration using the Mosaic Mood Suite. For more details and to see the entire Mosaic Mood Suite, you can click HERE or on the picture.
This is one of those quick and easy cards. Below is the simple “how to”:
- I followed a popular simple card sketch, mixed a few of the patterns from Mosaic Mood and fussy cut the hummingbird;
- To bring attention to the patterned paper and give my card a more finished look, I added a Terracotta Tile card stock mat behind each layer piece.
- The sentiment is from a retired stamp set that I just love to use because of the font and its size.
- Most of my cards do have a little bit of bling. I added a few Gold Metallic Pearls which was just enough embellishment.
- I started with a Very Vanilla A-2 size card base and covered the front of the card base with a 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ piece of patterned paper.
- The center Terracotta Tile Layer is 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″ topped with a piece of patterned paper measuring 3″ X 4 1/4″.
- The Terracotta Tile card stock card band is 1 1/4″ X 4 1/4″; just enough to frame out one of the braided stripes designs from the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP.
- The Terracota Tile circle was cropped with a Stitched Circle Framelit and the Very Vanilla circle was punched with the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch.
So grab some gorgeous, textured patterned paper; follow a simple sketch; add a hummingbird and a little bling, and create something joyful!
Happy Friday Friends!
I think this is such a cool stamp set. It’s called “Enjoy Life” and it’s in the current Stampin’ Up! Catalog. The images are crisp and fun and the mixed-font sentiments are a perfect fit for the images. This one has that “Wow” factor.
I used lots of matted layers to create a striking, simple and stable background for the simplicity of the image and sentiment. By keeping the background clean and simple, the images and sentiment really pop. Whisper White and Basic Black could float just about any color choice, but for this project, I went with Granny Apple Green. Even though there’s only a hint of Granny Apple Green, it really does stand out. I was trying to come up with some words to describe the mood of this card. It took a while, but I came up with “comfortably elegant”. What do you think?
Below is the inside of the card…another mixed font sentiment that can be reversed with the sentiment on the front of the card. They work so well together.
So, grab a cool stamp set, get your black and white card stock, add a bold color and create something simple and striking. Oh, and don’t forget the bling!
Here are the supplies I used.
- Stamp Set: Enjoy Life
- Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black and Granny Apple Green
- Ink: Black Mememto, Granny Apple Green
- Green Rhinestone from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones
BONUS DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
For every $50 in product purchases during the month of July, you will receive a $5 Bonus Coupon to redeem in August.
Click the Banner for more details.
Today’s project is quick, easy and I think it’s quite eye catching.
It wasn’t me who created that beautiful water color background, it was Stampin’ Up!. The top layer is simply a card from the Delightfully Detailed Memories and More Card Pack. You can create your own projects in just a few minutes. Cut a few card bases as I did for this card, or pick up the matching Delightfully Detailed Note Cards and Envelopes use your imagination to create a bunch of beautifully detailed cards. And, of course, don’t forget the bling! The coordinating Faceted Dots add the perfect finishing touch.
Here’s another sample of a card using the Delightfully Detailed Memories and More Card Pack. I did get a little carried away playing with the paper patterns and just had to use that grid paper!
The Card pack includes:
- 50 double-sided cards
- 6 single-sided laser-cut specialty cards
- 4 sticker sheets
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, and white.
So, grab your favorite layer, add a card base and a little bling and create something simple and sweet!
Today’s card is fun, bright and bold, and I just adore the sentiment font! I thought this would be a refreshing sample of the “Garden Impressions” Designer Series Paper in action. Some of Stampin’ Up!’s new colors are also featured in this pattern. I’m loving the new Mango Melody paired with Melon Mambo and I can’t think of a better backdrop for these beautiful shades than our classic Night of Navy.
Here’s the “How To” for this quick and easy card:
- Cut a standard A-2 card base in Whisper White (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″).
- Add a layer of Mango Melody (4″ X 5 1/4″).
- The patterned paper layer is 3 3/4″ X 5″.
- The sentiment layer is Whisper White cut 2 3/8″ X 2 1/2″ mounted on a Mango Melody layer that measures 2 1/2″ X 2 5/8″.
Now for the fun stuff:
- The “Thank You” sentiment is from the new Abstract Impressions Photopolymer Stamp Set. The sentiment fonts in this set are large, bold and express lots of kindness.
- The flowers on the sentiment block were snipped from one of the Dies from the Springtime Impressions Thinlit Dies. The large Die is beautifully detailed, and if you look closely at the Die, you’ll see that you can snip several different flowers.
- And, of course, I had to add the bling! Just one sequin is all that was needed.
So, grab some Designer Series Paper, your favorite bold stamp, crop a few layers and create something impressive!
SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Designer Series Paper Sale Now through July 31st – Buy three get one FREE.
Today’s Project Supply List:
- Cardstock: Whisper White and Mango Melody
- Designer Series Paper: Garden Impressions DSP Stack
- Ink: Night of Navy
- The Details: Abstract Impressions Photopolymer Stamp Set and Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies