Here’s a really quick card project using Stampin’ Up!’s Floral Boutique Suite from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. You can’t get more “Clean and Simple” and “Quick and Easy” than this! Make a few with your favorite colors and sentiments.
For this card, I used Whisper White card stock with a Night of Navy Base and accent layer. The sentiment I chose is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. I just liked the font with the florals for a bit of a different look. The sentiments from the coordinating Floral Phrases stamp set are beautiful as well, and you’ll save 10% by purchasing the Floral Boutique Bundle. This one’s not just for Spring!
Here’s the Project Review:
- Top a standard A-2 card base with a Whisper White Layer.
- Run the beautiful “Detailed Floral Framelit” die through your Big Shot and attach it to the Whisper White layer with some green glue.
- Add your sentiment to the center of the card above the floral details.
- I couldn’t resist adding a few pearls to the finished card. They seem to add a little more delicate detail to the delicate details in the framelit layer.
- Done! Quick! Easy! Fun! Beautiful!
- … and don’t forget to embellish the envelope!
So, grab that PERFECT framelit, your favorite card stock, a beautiful sentiment and create something FUN!
We all need one of those generic birthday cards. This one can be masculine or feminine and for an adult or child. Today’s project is simple and quick to put together. Just pick out your favorite patterned paper, match it up with a card base color, and with Stampin’ Up!’s “That’s The Tag” bundle you can stamp the sentiment and crop the pretty sunburst tag in no time at all.
That’s The Tag Bundle
- I started with two patterns from the Party Animal Designer Series Paper. The striped layer is 5 1/2″ X 3 3/8″ and the Crushed Curry Candle pattern layer is 4″ X 2 3/4″.
- Then, I chose Emerald Envy card stock as my standard A-2 card base.
- Attach the patterned paper to Pacific Point card layers cut slightly larger than the dimensions for the patterned paper. This helps make the layers look more finished.
- With my Big Shot and the Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies, I cropped sentiment oval base in Whisper White and stamped the dotted frame with Crushed Curry ink and the Happy Birthday sentiment with Pacific Point ink. Both stamps are from the “That’s The Tag” stamp set.
- I used the sunburst tag framelit to crop the sunburst with Pacific Point card stock. Thin lines of green glue worked well to attach the sunburst to the Whisper White sentiment layer.
- I cropped the little stars with the thinlit included with the Timeless Tags Thinlit Dies and glued them onto the right bottom of the sentiment layer in a random pattern. Just a dot of the green glue works great to attach each star.
- A bit of Whisper White Baker’s Twine finished my tag.
This bundle is definitely one you want to own. The sentiments are appropriate for almost any occasion and the thinlits are a fun way to make your projects special. When you purchase the “bundle”, you save 10%.
So, grab your favorite Stampin’ Up! bundle, stamp an image, crop a few shapes and create something special.
And remember, during Sale-A-Bration, for every $50.00 product purchase, you earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration item. Click my online store link below for all the Sale-A-Bration details.
Happy Weekend! It’s Saturday and snow has been falling all day here in New Jersey. As I write this post, it’s still coming down. It looks beautiful, but I’m not liking the cold. Anyway, it was a good day to stay home, enjoy my stamps, and enjoy the view of the snow falling.
I thought I would create a few thank you notes with the new “So Very Much” stamp set. Below is the image of some additional samples from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure. The stamp is pictured mounted on a wood block. It also comes in Clear Mount, which I personally find easier to use. Remember, this stamp set is FREE with a $50.00 product purchase during Sale-A-Bration.
The “Thank You” sentiment is just lovely… I really like the font and its size is perfect for a standard A-2 card. I stamped all three cards in just a few minutes. It’s always good to have a few nice Thank You Notes ready to send.
- If you look closely at the cards I made, they’re all different.
- The first one, layered and stamped with Sweet Sugarplum card stock and ink, is nothing more than the stamped sentiments and a few sequins.
- The second, done in Dapper Denim card stock and ink, has a little splatter behind the sentiment. I used one of the stamps from Gorgeous Grunge, stamped it off once, then stamped it lightly over the sentiment. It gives the card a different look.
- I stepped it up for the third one and used both the sequins and “splatter” stamp. This one is stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink and layered with Flirty Flamingo card stock.
So, grab your lovely “thank you” stamp, add a layer, a little splatter, and make a bunch to keep on hand! Oh, and don’t forget the bling!
CLICK IMAGE FOR PDF DOWNLOAD OF THE SALE-A-BRATION BROCHURE
Let’s Celebrate the new “Party Animal” Suite! Are you a Party Animal? I always enjoy a party… it’s fun to be with good people, celebrating something!
The Party Animal Suite is the first “fun” new Suite in the Occasions Catalog. The Balloon Adventures Stamp Set is photopolymer… perfectly clear so you can see where you’re stamping and the images adhere beautifully to the clear blocks. There are 17 stamps with fun images and whimsical fonts. The Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies make it so easy to create the card above.
That little balloon charm in the lower left corner of the card is one of two designs from the Party Aniimal Embellishments. The detail is beautiful and it’s fun to add that extra little bling.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the pattern paper. I’ve admitted in the past that yes, I am addicted to patterned paper. The Party Animal Designer Series Paper is super cute! The bright colors and fun designs say “celebrate” and “have fun”. I paired the polka dot pattern with Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Emerald Envy card stock and layered it all on a Whisper White card base.
Take a look at the video below to see all the fun projects you can create with the Balloon Adventures Bundle.
And, if you purchase the Balloon adventures Bundle, you will qualify for any FREE Sale-A-Bration product from the brochure below. I know you’ll have fun with this.
Click on the brochure below to view the Brochure PDF
The 2017 Occasions Catalog PDF
So, grab a great bundle, find some cool and whimsical patterned paper, crop a framed design and crate something smashing!
JOIN MY TEAM – PURCHASE THE ULTIMATE BUNDLE
Click on the image below for more details.
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for December 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects showcase products that can add sparkle and/or shine for a finishing touch. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Today’s clean and simple card was inspired by a piece of patterned paper. “Inside The Lines” Designer Series Paper is featured in the upcoming Sale-A-Bration brochure. This paper coordinates with the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle, from the new Occasions Catalog. More about these beautiful new products in a future post.
The framed dragonfly is an image I cropped from the patterned paper… no stamping at all. It’s the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper that adds just the right amount of sparkle and shine to the beautifully detailed dragonfly. I ran one of the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies through my Big Shot with the Glimmer Paper. Even though the Glimmer Paper is a heavier weight than the card stock, the die cut through the paper perfectly.
It’s that little extra touch of glimmer that gives this card just a bit of playful elegance that goes quite well with the sentiment font, don’t you agree?
I’ll leave you with some fun dragonfly facts… Did you know that the dragonfly won’t sting or bite and they don’t carry disease or germs… Did you know that the dragonfly can fly up and down and from side to side and that their eyesight is amazing… They can eat hundreds of mosquitos in a single day… and, of all the insects, dragonflies can be the most charming. Hmm, I think my dragonfly is very charming.
So, grab some sparkling Glimmer Paper, crop an image and create something charming.
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Karen Zaring Browning at StampWithMeKZB.com
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb… (you are here)
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts