Today is special for two reasons:
First, I’m playing along with the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge today… and what a great combination! A nice mix of soft and bold; Watermelon Wonder, Pink Pirouette and Tip Top Taupe.
- When I first saw this combination, I immediately wanted to create something very soft with a “Vintage” look. I can’t tell you how many times I changed the flowers. I also punched a few butterflies… but definitely, the butterflies were the first to go. They didn’t give me the “feel” that I wanted. The flowers from Stampin’ Up!’s “Flower Patch” stamp set were perfect… BOLD… to match the vibrancy of Watermelon Wonder.
- Once I had my Watermelon Wonder flower cropped with the matching framelit, I added elements with Pink Pirouette and Tip Top Taupe to achieve some color balance.
- The end result is a Modern take on a Vintage look. Now it felt right. I got the look I wanted starting with one bold, stamped flower.
- I love the “dot” stamp from “Endless Birthday Wishes”. The dots are clean and crisp; perfect for the clean look of the flowers.
- I also love fonts! On many occasions, I’ve designed a whole card around a font I wanted to use. The “celebrate” sentiment is also from “Endless Birthday Wishes”, a stamp set with lots of words that you can use together or alone. This stamp set is a definite stamping staple.
- I used some patterned paper from “Go Wild” Designer Series Paper Stack to highlight the sentiment banner and line my envelope.
So, pull out your favorite stamps, add a few dots and create something wonderful to link up with the Pals.
The second reason today is special is that I’ve been working on a little re-branding for “expressively deb…”. There’s still more work to do, but my new site is live and I’ll be tweaking it over the next week or so. I created a new, simple banner (of course, my favorite color is blue) and my contact information will be displayed in the Navigation Bar within a few days. In the meantime, you can e-mail me at [email protected] or feel free to call me at 732-397-9128. I will also have my new Facebook page up and running shortly.
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment. I always look forward to hearing from you.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used: (All from the Annual Catalog) Card Stock – Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Tip Top Taupe, Go Wild DSP Stack #138443. Ink – Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. Stamp Sets – Endless Birthday Wishes #140273 and Flower Patch #134207. Tools – Flower Fair Framelits Dies #133731.
September is here and so is Stampin' Up!'s 2015 Holiday Catalog. No more Sneak Peeks. I hope you're all having fun and making your "wish lists".
Click on the picture to view the Catalog PDF
Stampin' Up! has created six new Product Suites in the new Holiday Catalog. There's no guessing on colors, designs or accents. Stampin' Up! has done all the work.
Here are the featured Product Suites. Click on the pictures to view.
Season of Cheer
Into The Woods
And, there's so much more. Tomorrow's post will feature "My Favorites" list from the Holiday Catalog.
Today, I thought I'd catch up with this week's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.
My card is clean and simple for sure… lots of white and a soft color palette. I really enjoy putting Soft sky and Crumb Cake together. To me, it's a classic.
Design Tip – Pattern Repetition
My Decorative Dots Embossing Folder set the stage for the "circle" theme throughout the card… lots of pattern repetition… the concentric circles in the button, the curved lines in the sentiment frame, the rounded corner of the card layer, the scalloped top of the tag, and finally, the Soft Sky Candy Dots in the center of the flowers.
- At the same time, there are some straight lines and angles which are also repeated… the sentiment font, the center lines of the sentiment frame and the points on the flowers.
- Pattern repetition is an important part of any good design.
This weekend was another busy one for me… and it's nice to sit down and relax with my paper and stamps.
The week ahead is going to be exciting for all of us. Tuesday is the unveiling of Stampin' Up!'s new Holiday Catalog. I've already seen it and it's fabulous… lots of Bundles and fabulous new stamp sets.
So, pull out your favorite classic colors, crop some shapes and create something beautiful!
Today is January 6th… The launch of the new Occasions Catalog and the start of Sale-A-Bration. Today, every Stampin' Up! Creative Coach is excited to share all the new product lines with you. I've posted lots of Sneak Peeks over the past few weeks, but there's so much more for you to see.
So, drop what you're doing, grab your favorite cup of tea and take a look at all the exciting new products featured.
2015 Occasions Catalog
(Click on the Catalog to open the PDF version)
Enjoy Sale-A-Bration 2015!
Sale-A-Bration is the most exciting sale event at Stampin' Up!. For every $50.00 you purchase in Stampin' Up! products, you will receive a FREE Sale-A-Bration item.
So take a look at the Sale-A-Bration Product Brochure and add your favorites to your new "Wish List".
(Click on the Sale-A-Bration Brochure to open PDF)
Don't forget about Stampin' Up!'s Returning Favorites….
Check out these fantistic favorite products here and add them to your favorites. They all add up to great Sale-A-Bration FREE products.
I Wish you all a very happy and healthy 2015!