Trick-or-Treat! It's time for some fun and festive crafting with the Stampin' Pretty Pals! You've probably hopped over from Kerry Willard Bray's Blog at Stampgoodness. I'm stop number 8 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for Stampin' Up! Halloween projects along with some tricks and treats along the way! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track.
These Googlies are off Trick-Or-Treating under the Harvest Moon. There are lots of bats and spiders with them as they go through the next picket fence.
- The Ghoulish Googlies Bundle from the Stampin' Up! new Holiday Catalog includes the stamps and Googly Eyes;
- The tree branch in the Harvest Moon is from the Owl Occasions stamp set;
- Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper;
- Jet Black Staz On and Lucky Limeade ink pads;
- Stampin Dimensionals.
You've been TRICKED! Lucky you! I'm sharing a great trick that you can use on your next project.
If you look closely at the Harvest Moon in my project, you'll notice a great shading technique called "Resist Embossing". It lets you preserve the color of the background paper to incorporate it into the design using a stamped image.
Here's the trick…
- Stamp your image with Versa Mark Ink onto your cardstock.
- Using Clear Embossing Powder, heat emboss your image. Your image will be clear and shiny.
- Using a tissue, rub the end of a Watercolor Crayon (it's soft) with the tissue and transfer the color onto your image moving outward onto the cardstock. The color won't stick to your image, but will on the cardstock.
- Continue around your image and move out onto the cardstock with as much or as little color as you want. You can blend more than one color as I did here. A Sponge Dauber works well also. Creates a great "shadow" effect. In this card, I think it makes the night sky kind of "spooky"!
For the Harvest Moon, I used Whisper White, More Mustard and Cajun Craze.
Now hop along for more tricks and treats and some spooky ideas from Naki Rager at …notes from Naki, stop number 9 on the Pals Trick-or-Treat Blog Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!
Stampin Pretty Pals Blog Line Up
1. Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
2. Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
3. Nicole Picadura at Scraps and Stamps
4. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
5. Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
6. Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
7. Kerry Willard Bray at Stampingoodness
8. Debbie Crowley at expressively deb… (You are here)
9. Naki Rager at …notes from Naki
10. Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
11. Claire Crotteau-Hutt at Stamppaperscissors
12. Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
13. Laurie Chilton at Stampin' Ink
14. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
15. Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
16. Brian King at Stamp With Brian
17. Ann Schach at The Stampin' Schach
18. Nicole Watt at Impressions by Nicole
19. Shannon Hokanson at My Stampin' Blog
20. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
21. Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
22. Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space
Hope you enjoy, and remember…
Express your creativity,
This is a fantastic card. Love the bit of orange and white at the bottom. It really pulls the card together.
Cute card, Debbie! I love the fence. Too cute!
Adorable! Love that there are SO MANY google eyes!!
A very spooky and cute card!
Super spooky moon. Thanks for the heads-up on the technique. I forget about some of those ways to WOW a card.
This card is so darn cute…I love the googly eyes…what a good idea!
I love the moon on your card. Thank you for sharing!!
Debbie, this is absolutely precious! Great tip on the emboss resist!
Great card, but my favorite was the tip to use the watercolor crayons to transfer color for the resist technique. I have never tried it that way! Thanks for teaching an old dog a new trick!
Karen…Thanks for your comment..I am an “old dog” also and we used to use chalks…the crayons work well, though!
Very cute card! I love the little chevron picket fence, such a great idea.
Way cute card and I agree the chevron picket fence is a great idea. I think I need to try this out and impress my friends…. LOL
Thanks so much for sharing.
Your Harvest Moon is really clever! It is the prefect touch for a spooky feeling.
SO CUTE!! I LOVE HOW YOU DID THE MOON AND THE BATS. TFS
oh my ghosts . . . that picket fence is to die for!
What a cute little card. Tip is fantastic!
The fence is great, but I love the technique you used for the moon. Thanks for the trick! It is literally over the moon!
Awesome Harvest Moon! I’m going to try this. Thanks for sharing!!
I love the “resist embossing” effect on your great card! The moon and bats fun! Thank you for sharing!!
What an adorable card! I love those googly eyes!
Your card is fabulous – loving the way you created the moon slit….so creative!
love the idea (trick)
What a fun card. Great ideas!