Wishing you all a joyful Monday!
Did you know that the hummingbird is slightly different from other feathered creatures? They can fly in any direction and hover in one spot appearing to be motionless. The hummingbird brings joy to flowers as it helps them reproduce. Plants flower and live because of the hummingbird. The hummingbird is also a symbol of joy for us!! Okay, I’m finished… now we can talk about today’s card.
Look at this stunning patterned paper! It’s the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper. It’s hard to see in the photo, but this paper has the texture of mosaic tile and a slight sheen; it is a heavier weight making it perfect for little gift boxes. Color inspiration for your projects is endless with the Mosaic Mood Specialty paper since there are so many colors in this medley. Below is today’s palette.
Below is more inspiration using the Mosaic Mood Suite. For more details and to see the entire Mosaic Mood Suite, you can click HERE or on the picture.
This is one of those quick and easy cards. Below is the simple “how to”:
- I followed a popular simple card sketch, mixed a few of the patterns from Mosaic Mood and fussy cut the hummingbird;
- To bring attention to the patterned paper and give my card a more finished look, I added a Terracotta Tile card stock mat behind each layer piece.
- The sentiment is from a retired stamp set that I just love to use because of the font and its size.
- Most of my cards do have a little bit of bling. I added a few Gold Metallic Pearls which was just enough embellishment.
- I started with a Very Vanilla A-2 size card base and covered the front of the card base with a 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ piece of patterned paper.
- The center Terracotta Tile Layer is 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″ topped with a piece of patterned paper measuring 3″ X 4 1/4″.
- The Terracotta Tile card stock card band is 1 1/4″ X 4 1/4″; just enough to frame out one of the braided stripes designs from the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP.
- The Terracota Tile circle was cropped with a Stitched Circle Framelit and the Very Vanilla circle was punched with the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch.
So grab some gorgeous, textured patterned paper; follow a simple sketch; add a hummingbird and a little bling, and create something joyful!
Happy Friday Friends!
I think this is such a cool stamp set. It’s called “Enjoy Life” and it’s in the current Stampin’ Up! Catalog. The images are crisp and fun and the mixed-font sentiments are a perfect fit for the images. This one has that “Wow” factor.
I used lots of matted layers to create a striking, simple and stable background for the simplicity of the image and sentiment. By keeping the background clean and simple, the images and sentiment really pop. Whisper White and Basic Black could float just about any color choice, but for this project, I went with Granny Apple Green. Even though there’s only a hint of Granny Apple Green, it really does stand out. I was trying to come up with some words to describe the mood of this card. It took a while, but I came up with “comfortably elegant”. What do you think?
Below is the inside of the card…another mixed font sentiment that can be reversed with the sentiment on the front of the card. They work so well together.
So, grab a cool stamp set, get your black and white card stock, add a bold color and create something simple and striking. Oh, and don’t forget the bling!
Here are the supplies I used.
- Stamp Set: Enjoy Life
- Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black and Granny Apple Green
- Ink: Black Mememto, Granny Apple Green
- Green Rhinestone from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones
BONUS DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
For every $50 in product purchases during the month of July, you will receive a $5 Bonus Coupon to redeem in August.
Click the Banner for more details.
Happy 4th of July to all! I had another post planned for today, and out of the blue I got the thought that I should create something to celebrate life here in the USA with a New Jersey tribute to July 4th. I’m sure I mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again… New Jersey has beautiful beaches. Although today, I’m not at the beach, I’m sure there are lots of people enjoying the weather and the beaches. Fireworks will be lighting up the entire coast for sure. That being said, I hope you enjoy my beach card and wish you a fun, happy and safe 4th of July.
So, grab your favorite seaside stamps, add that beach chair and a bold sentiment, and create something to celebrate!
Below are the supplies I used. All are from Stampin’ Up!
- Stamp Sets: Colorful Seasons and High Tide;
- I did the coloring with ink, a Blender Pen and some Sponge Daubers.
- Ink: Real Red, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Balmy Blue, Old Olive.
- Card stock: Whisper White and Pacific Point.
- The Pacific Point Enamel Stars are oldies but goodies.
- Tools: Blender Pens, Sponge Daubers, Stamparatus.
CELEBRATE STAMPIN’ UP!’S JULY BONUS DAYS!!
Click on the banner below for all the details. For every $50 you purchase through my online store during the month of July, you will receive a $5.00 coupon that you can redeem during the month of August.
A favorite “latest and greatest” of mine is the clean and classy “Come Sail Away” Suite featured in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.
Those of you who have followed my blog know that I am truly a patterned paper junkie. I love to mix and match patterns for my projects and did I have a fun time creating this card!! The neutrals and blues in combination have always been a favorite of mine; so much so that I chose these colors to decorate my home. I also enjoy being at the beach and near water, so the Come Sail Away Suite had to be at the top of my wish list as soon as I saw it.
For all the details on the Come Sail Away Suite, you can click HERE or click on the shopping bag at the end of this post.
Here’s the quick “how to” for this classy masculine birthday card.
- I started with an A-2 size Whisper White card base.
- The Night of Navy card layer is 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″.
- The vertical striped patterned layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- The newsprint patterned layer is 3″ X 4 1/4″ which is attached to a 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″ Night of Navy mat.
- The lighthouse patterned card band is 1 5/8″ X 4″ attached to a 1 3/4″ X 4″ Night of Navy mat.
- I cropped the rope framelit from the suite in some older brushed gold card stock and framed the lighthouse patterned paper to give it a more finished look. By the way, that little rope framelit also embosses. The texture it gives the rope edge is perfect!
- I fussy cut the Night of Navy compass from a piece of the Designer Series Paper, stamped a smaller compass with Crumb Cake ink and punched it out with my 1 1/2″ circle punch. The Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine is also part of the Suite, and of course, no card is complete without the bling. One of the gold metallic pearls worked perfectly for the center of my compass.
- Since I wanted to create a masculine birthday card, I borrowed the sentiment from an older retired stamp set. I thought the clean simplicity of the sentiment worked well with the overall theme of the card.
So, grab yourself a classy, clean stamp set, crop some patterned paper, don’t forget your bling and create something stunning!!
The card below was one of the “Make and Takes” at our April On Stage event for the new catalog reveal.
Sailing Home Bundle #151066
CLICK HERE TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
It’s been a little while since I posted, but it was only a few days ago that I got together with a few friends to do some stamping, create beautiful projects and chat about the latest and greatest in the paper crafting world. My project was from one of the Suites in the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. I’ll talk about that in tomorrow’s post.
I thought this card would be a fun re-start to sharing some inspiration with you. I actually created a bunch and am sending them off to some recent customers with a little “thank you” gift. They are so pretty!! I used the Crafting Forever stamp set and, of course I had to show off Stampin’ Up!’s new 2019-2021 In Colors. They’re muted tones of on trend colors: Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Purple Posy, Seaside Spray and Pretty Peacock. And, not surprisingly, I gravitated toward the blue as I usually do.
Below is a quick “how to” for this clean and simple card:
- Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Seaside Spray layer (4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″);
- Whisper White card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 5/8″);
- Seaside Spray gingham patterned paper card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 1/2″).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the patterned paper with Early Espresso ink.
- Crop the large oval from the Stitched Shapes die.
- Stamp the paint brush pot image in the center of the Whisper White oval with Early Expresso ink. Stamp a second brush pot image onto the gingham patterned paper.
- Fussy cut only the stamped brush pot image from the gingham paper and glue it on top of the stamped brush pot on the Whisper White oval.
- I used my Blender Pen with and ink from the Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray and Early Espresso ink pads to shade the brushes and the pot.
- I have to admit, coloring is a lot of fun!!
- Of course, when in doubt go with a yellow, so I used a little bit of Crushed Curry ink and my Blender Pen to color in the pencil.
- Add your favorite bling.
So, grab an inspirational stamp set, add a slice of gingham, a little bling and create something clean and pretty!
Below is a list of Stampin’ Up! supplies I used. You can get more details on any of the supplies by clicking HERE or clicking on the shopping bag at the end of this post.
- Stamp Set: Crafting Forever.
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Seaside Spray, 2019-2021 In Color DSP Stack.
- Ink: Balmy Blue, Early Espresso, Rococo Rose, Terracotta Tile, Crushed Curry.
- Tools: Stitched Shapes Dies, Blender Pen, Dimensionals.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!