A very special friend is celebrating her birthday on Friday. I thought this card would be a perfect way to say “Happy Birthday”.
The Basic Black card base and layer make a nice neutral canvas for the beautiful colors in the patterned paper. The patterned paper is from “Whole Lot of Lovely” Designer Series Paper and is one of the selections in the Designer Series Paper Sale going on now at Stampin’ Up!. The patterns range from pretty, delicate florals to colorful, bolder stripes and dots. I used Powder Pink card stock as an accent color for this card. That Gold Faceted Gem adds just the right amount of sparkle.
So grab your Basic Black card stock, add some pretty patterned paper and a bold sentiment, crop a few flagged banners, and create something amazing!
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE WORLD CARD MAKING DAY PROMOTION
Click on the banner below for all the details.
THERE’S STILL TIME FOR THE BUY THREE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE
Click on the banner below for all the details.
Happy Sunday and Welcome October!
Here’s a sweet and simple note card that I put together in just a few minutes. A few strands from a piece of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon is just the right amount of embellishment!
- The Whisper White Note Cards and Wood Words stamp set are 15% off starting today through October 10th. Take a look at the details below.
- The Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack, which coordinates with the Wood Words stamp set can be FREE with the purchase of three Designer Series Paper selections.
So, pick out a stamp set ON SALE, grab yourself a set of Note Cards ON SALE, stock up on your favorite Designer Series Paper, add a little Burlap Ribbon and create something sweet!
World Card Making Day has been an annual event for a very long time. The actual Day is always in the beginning of October and those of us who enjoy making hand made cards celebrate the creativity and personal connection hand made cards make between loved ones and friends. This year, the world celebrates the Day on Saturday, October 7th. I’m looking forward to meeting up with some old and new friends in Atlanta for the celebration… it’s always a fun day.
- To make it more exciting and fun for you to celebrate along with us, Stampin’ Up! is offering a fabulous new promotion that will last 10 days… from today through October 10th. With 15% off selected items, you can order a few “essentials” to celebrate your creativity your way! Click here for all the details.
- AND… To make it even more interesting…. Stampin’ Up! is also giving away one FREE Designer Series Paper selection if you purchase three.
- NOW, if you take advantage of the “World Card Making Day” sale and choose a stamp set or two, or three, purchase the Fast Fuse adhesive, (you will get two Fast Fuse refills FREE), and choose some Designer Series Paper to coordinate with your stamp sets, you’ll have the essentials to create your own beautiful cards.
Happy new week!
If you’re in the midst of the winter storm coming to the Northeast early this week, I hope you are safe, warm and well. I just heard a forecast for New Jersey and we’re supposed to get the greater part of 18 inches of snow. I’m not looking forward to that since we had a taste of Spring last week. Snow is pretty though, especially when it’s falling, so I’ll enjoy the view.
Speaking of Spring, let’s get to today’s card. My “Spring Butterfly” is another generic card… happy birthday, thinking of you, get well, wedding, and I’m sure you can think of a few more occasions. Another “Clean and Simple” card, I finished this one in just a few minutes.
My inspiration for this card was Stampin’ Up!’s 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. Take a look at the image from the Catalog below. I used the cropped butterfly image with the gold thread behind it, the sentiment stamp is the same and the colors are the same.
The photo inspired me because I liked the softness of the color palette.
Here’s the simple “How To”: All images are from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterfly Basics stamp set and the cropped butterfly is from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterflies Thinlits Dies.
- Start with a Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Crop a Whisper White layer measuring 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- Directly in the center of the layer, stamp the fern image in Pear Pizzazz ink (stamp off once). Stamping off once means to ink your image, stamp it on a scrap piece of paper, then stamp onto your project. The image will stamp lighter.
- Ink up the honeycomb stamp with Sahara Sand ink and, stamping off once, stamp the honeycomb on the bottom left corner and the middle right side of the layer. (I used half the honeycomb image on the middle right side).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom right corner with Sahara Sand ink.
- Crop the medium butterfly from the Butterflies Thinlies Dies using Pool Party card stock.
- Roll up some Gold Metallic Thread and anchor it to the stamped fern image about 1/3 from the bottom of the image.
- Attach the butterfly to the fern with some green glue
- Add a few embellishments (remember the design “rule of thirds”).
- Attach your finished layer to your card base with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Send your card to someone very special!
So, pull out your Stampin’ Up! 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, pour your favorite cup of tea and find your inspiration to create something stunning!
Here’s a really quick card project using Stampin’ Up!’s Floral Boutique Suite from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. You can’t get more “Clean and Simple” and “Quick and Easy” than this! Make a few with your favorite colors and sentiments.
For this card, I used Whisper White card stock with a Night of Navy Base and accent layer. The sentiment I chose is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. I just liked the font with the florals for a bit of a different look. The sentiments from the coordinating Floral Phrases stamp set are beautiful as well, and you’ll save 10% by purchasing the Floral Boutique Bundle. This one’s not just for Spring!
Here’s the Project Review:
- Top a standard A-2 card base with a Whisper White Layer.
- Run the beautiful “Detailed Floral Framelit” die through your Big Shot and attach it to the Whisper White layer with some green glue.
- Add your sentiment to the center of the card above the floral details.
- I couldn’t resist adding a few pearls to the finished card. They seem to add a little more delicate detail to the delicate details in the framelit layer.
- Done! Quick! Easy! Fun! Beautiful!
- … and don’t forget to embellish the envelope!
So, grab that PERFECT framelit, your favorite card stock, a beautiful sentiment and create something FUN!
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring or Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
When I think of Spring, I think of flowers. Flowers are wonderful to look at and smell. I enjoy having them around my home and I treat myself to fresh flowers often, especially in the winter.
When I was preparing my project for today’s Hop, I knew I was going to use the Avant-Garden Stamp Set, a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. This is the first time I used these stamps… they are gorgeous! It’s hard to say, since all the products in this year’s Sale-A-Bration Brochures are the best I’ve ever seen during a Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration event, but I do think this set will stick around for a while, at least in my stamping room. For a look at all the Sale-A-Bration projects, you can click on the catalogs in the right sidebar.
I paired the Avant-Garden flower with the swirly circle stamp from the very “avant-garde” Timeless Textures stamp set (in the Annual Catalog). Both stamps have a beautiful texture. I stamped the swirly circles with Whisper White Craft Ink which adds even more texture to the already detailed stamp. I hope you can see it in the photo below, but if you run your fingers across the stamped circles, they are actually raised (keep in mind my stamp pad was pretty juicy, making the images a little thicker, and drying time a little longer).
My color inspiration came from a patio set that caught my eye from a catalog I just received in the mail… Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Bermuda Bay. I added just a hint of Crushed Curry for a little color pop… remember, when in doubt, go with a yellow. It seems everything was nicely laid out for me to complete my project. As we stampers always say, inspiration can come from anywhere.
So, get yourself the Avant-Garden stamp set, pair it with an avant-garde image or two, and create something gorgeous!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb… (you are here)
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations