Today’s card is Country Themed for the Global Design Project Challenge #147.
When I checked this week’s GDP Challenge I was excited to see the “Country” theme. Interestingly, this challenge was posted shortly after I received the July Paper Pumpkin Kit which was also country themed. I thought I would use some of the elements from the kit along with the Wood Words stamp set to create a “Country Card”.
I love to create clean collage cards using frames so I knew that a country collage frame would be the focal point for this project. I thought the gingham patterned paper from the Paper Pumpkin Kit was so cute it had to be part of my card.
My color inspiration came from a piece of patterned paper from Stampin’ Up!’s Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper, along with the Real Red Gingham from the Paper Pumpkin Kit.
- The Farmers Market and Rooster elements on the frame are from the Wood Words Stamp Set;
- I stamped both with Blueberry Bushel ink, cropped the rooster using a matching framelit die from the Wood Crate Framelits, and punched the Farmers Market element with my 1 1/4″ Circle Punch.
- They were just perfect with the strawberry from the Paper Pumpkin Kit.
- I stamped the sentiment from Wood Words in Basic Black ink onto a hand cropped banner. I originally had a few Dimensionals on the banner, but wasn’t happy with the way it looked on the card. I thought only the frame with the elements should pop, so I added a little Basic Black ink to the edges of the banner with a sponge to create the appearance of dimension.
This was such a fun card to create and I’m glad to participate in such a fun themed challenge.
So, grab your Square Framelits, a pretty strip of gingham, add a few cute elements and create something Country!
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Here’s a Clean and Simple project for today. Done in just a few minutes, I punched, stamped, fussy cut, added a few dimensionals, and of course a little bling, and my masterpiece was complete. With the help of the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper, my vase alone looks like a unique work of art.
When a new catalog comes out, I create my own “Wish List” as most of us stampers do. I seem to gravitate toward the Bundles for the savings and for the ease of coordination in any project. The Varied Vases Bundle was on the top of my List. There really is so much you can do with it… punch a vase, add a flower (or not), stamp a sentiment, add a layer (or two), add a little color with Two-Step Stamping (or not), and the possibilities go on and on. Varied Vases is one of those Bundles that goes on and on.
Here’s the quick and easy “How To”;
- Cut a standard A-2 card base and add a layer. I used Whisper White card stock.
- I stamped the sentiment first, using my Stamparatus (a must have Tool). This helped me place my sentiment exactly where I wanted it and I was able to get a clean, crisp stamped image.
- Once my sentiment was stamped, I punched a vase and placed it on my card with a sticky note. I was able to use my Pacific Point marker to draw a little stem.
- I attached the vase with a few Mini Dimensionals.
- I used my Stamparatus to stamp my flower using two of the images from the Varied Vases stamp set. I stamped the outline of the floral image with Pacific Point ink, then used the matching filler image and stamped the flower color in Soft Sea Foam ink.
- The stamps are photopolymer which made the Two-Step stamping very easy and quick.
- I fussy cut the flower which really didn’t take long and added that to my stem with a few more Mini Dimensionals.
- I am a sequin girl, but that wouldn’t work on this card… I added a few Faceted Dots in Soft Sea Foam which worked perfectly.
With the Varied Vases Bundle and the patterns in the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper, you can make a few beautiful cards in different colors, package them up and give someone special a thoughtful, handmade gift.
So, grab the Varied Bases Bundle, the Garden Impressions DSP Stack, add a little bling and create a thoughtful gift!
SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Today’s post showcases more of the pretty Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper and, I have a “Stampin’ Story” to share…
First, the card… I was looking through some past blog posts and came across this sketch. At the same time, the Garden Impressions paper stack was still on my stamping table. I started to play with the patterns (which I often do), and decided on the beautiful floral and the contrasting mini brushstroke pattern. Now, I had my color inspiration.
According to the label on the DSP Stack, my colors would be Soft Sea Foam, Pacific Point and Whisper White, but I didn’t look at the paper stack label and pulled out our new “In Color”, Blueberry Bushel. I have to admit I wasn’t really excited about Blueberry Bushel when I saw the new 2018-2020 In Colors, and I’m usually immediately drawn to all shades of blue. Well, Blueberry Bushel is beautiful… very vibrant and really warm.
This card is simple to put together and goes quickly (once you pick out your patterned paper).
Below is a quick “how to”:
- Start with a standard A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″).
- The first card stock layer in Blueberry Bushel is 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- The second card stock layer in Soft Sea Foam is 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″.
- The mini brush stroke patterned paper layer is 4″ X 3 1/8″.
- The floral patterned paper layer is 2 1/4″ X 3″.
- The Whisper White sentiment layer is 2 1/4″ X 1 7/8″ which accommodates the “beautiful day” sentiment nicely. The sentiment is from the Love What You Do stamp set which is part of the Share What You Love Suite and the little pearl is from the Artisan Pearls collection in the Share What You Love Suite.
- The Blueberry Bushel anchoring band is 3/4″ X 4″.
Here’s My “Stampin’ Story”…
“To Love What We Do, and “Share What We Love”… that’s part of Stampin’ Up!’s Statement of the Heart.
I love stamping and creating cards. I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator (or “Creative Coach”, as I like to say) for many years, moving well into my 6th year in Mary Fish’s downline, The Stampin’ Pretty Pals. We like to call ourselves “The Pals”. I’m not going to say what a wonderful Upline Mary is or what a fabulous group the Pals are… She absolutely is and They absolutely are… and one Pal, among many who I call “friend” sent me one of his beautiful handmade cards a few months ago. The card said… “Love Never Gives Up”!
He knows how much I love stamping… designing, creating and sharing my cards, and for some reason, I wasn’t doing it. Occasionally, I would read his card and occasionally I would think about planning a few blog posts, but just didn’t do it. Recently and out of the blue, another creative and special friend gave me loads of Stampin’ Up! supplies to use and share. I think I got the message! I’m blogging again, planning my next card class for August and enjoying creating and sharing my cards.
Thank you, Mary Fish for the unending support and guidance you give to all your Pals, and thank you Brian King for your friendship and beautiful card.
So, grab your favorite patterned paper, add a bold and beautiful sentiment, just a little bling, and create something fabulous to share!
Just a reminder:
- Take advantage of the Designer Series Paper Sale – Buy three get one FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
- Join the Stampin’ Up! Family through July 31st and get an ink pad assortment FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Here’s the supply list for today’s project:
A very special friend is celebrating her birthday on Friday. I thought this card would be a perfect way to say “Happy Birthday”.
The Basic Black card base and layer make a nice neutral canvas for the beautiful colors in the patterned paper. The patterned paper is from “Whole Lot of Lovely” Designer Series Paper and is one of the selections in the Designer Series Paper Sale going on now at Stampin’ Up!. The patterns range from pretty, delicate florals to colorful, bolder stripes and dots. I used Powder Pink card stock as an accent color for this card. That Gold Faceted Gem adds just the right amount of sparkle.
So grab your Basic Black card stock, add some pretty patterned paper and a bold sentiment, crop a few flagged banners, and create something amazing!
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE WORLD CARD MAKING DAY PROMOTION
Click on the banner below for all the details.
THERE’S STILL TIME FOR THE BUY THREE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE
Click on the banner below for all the details.
Happy Sunday and Welcome October!
Here’s a sweet and simple note card that I put together in just a few minutes. A few strands from a piece of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon is just the right amount of embellishment!
- The Whisper White Note Cards and Wood Words stamp set are 15% off starting today through October 10th. Take a look at the details below.
- The Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack, which coordinates with the Wood Words stamp set can be FREE with the purchase of three Designer Series Paper selections.
So, pick out a stamp set ON SALE, grab yourself a set of Note Cards ON SALE, stock up on your favorite Designer Series Paper, add a little Burlap Ribbon and create something sweet!
World Card Making Day has been an annual event for a very long time. The actual Day is always in the beginning of October and those of us who enjoy making hand made cards celebrate the creativity and personal connection hand made cards make between loved ones and friends. This year, the world celebrates the Day on Saturday, October 7th. I’m looking forward to meeting up with some old and new friends in Atlanta for the celebration… it’s always a fun day.
- To make it more exciting and fun for you to celebrate along with us, Stampin’ Up! is offering a fabulous new promotion that will last 10 days… from today through October 10th. With 15% off selected items, you can order a few “essentials” to celebrate your creativity your way! Click here for all the details.
- AND… To make it even more interesting…. Stampin’ Up! is also giving away one FREE Designer Series Paper selection if you purchase three.
- NOW, if you take advantage of the “World Card Making Day” sale and choose a stamp set or two, or three, purchase the Fast Fuse adhesive, (you will get two Fast Fuse refills FREE), and choose some Designer Series Paper to coordinate with your stamp sets, you’ll have the essentials to create your own beautiful cards.