Here’s a Clean and Simple project for today. Done in just a few minutes, I punched, stamped, fussy cut, added a few dimensionals, and of course a little bling, and my masterpiece was complete. With the help of the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper, my vase alone looks like a unique work of art.
When a new catalog comes out, I create my own “Wish List” as most of us stampers do. I seem to gravitate toward the Bundles for the savings and for the ease of coordination in any project. The Varied Vases Bundle was on the top of my List. There really is so much you can do with it… punch a vase, add a flower (or not), stamp a sentiment, add a layer (or two), add a little color with Two-Step Stamping (or not), and the possibilities go on and on. Varied Vases is one of those Bundles that goes on and on.
Here’s the quick and easy “How To”;
- Cut a standard A-2 card base and add a layer. I used Whisper White card stock.
- I stamped the sentiment first, using my Stamparatus (a must have Tool). This helped me place my sentiment exactly where I wanted it and I was able to get a clean, crisp stamped image.
- Once my sentiment was stamped, I punched a vase and placed it on my card with a sticky note. I was able to use my Pacific Point marker to draw a little stem.
- I attached the vase with a few Mini Dimensionals.
- I used my Stamparatus to stamp my flower using two of the images from the Varied Vases stamp set. I stamped the outline of the floral image with Pacific Point ink, then used the matching filler image and stamped the flower color in Soft Sea Foam ink.
- The stamps are photopolymer which made the Two-Step stamping very easy and quick.
- I fussy cut the flower which really didn’t take long and added that to my stem with a few more Mini Dimensionals.
- I am a sequin girl, but that wouldn’t work on this card… I added a few Faceted Dots in Soft Sea Foam which worked perfectly.
With the Varied Vases Bundle and the patterns in the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper, you can make a few beautiful cards in different colors, package them up and give someone special a thoughtful, handmade gift.
So, grab the Varied Bases Bundle, the Garden Impressions DSP Stack, add a little bling and create a thoughtful gift!
SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Today’s post showcases more of the pretty Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper and, I have a “Stampin’ Story” to share…
First, the card… I was looking through some past blog posts and came across this sketch. At the same time, the Garden Impressions paper stack was still on my stamping table. I started to play with the patterns (which I often do), and decided on the beautiful floral and the contrasting mini brushstroke pattern. Now, I had my color inspiration.
According to the label on the DSP Stack, my colors would be Soft Sea Foam, Pacific Point and Whisper White, but I didn’t look at the paper stack label and pulled out our new “In Color”, Blueberry Bushel. I have to admit I wasn’t really excited about Blueberry Bushel when I saw the new 2018-2020 In Colors, and I’m usually immediately drawn to all shades of blue. Well, Blueberry Bushel is beautiful… very vibrant and really warm.
This card is simple to put together and goes quickly (once you pick out your patterned paper).
Below is a quick “how to”:
- Start with a standard A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″).
- The first card stock layer in Blueberry Bushel is 4″ X 5 1/4″.
- The second card stock layer in Soft Sea Foam is 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″.
- The mini brush stroke patterned paper layer is 4″ X 3 1/8″.
- The floral patterned paper layer is 2 1/4″ X 3″.
- The Whisper White sentiment layer is 2 1/4″ X 1 7/8″ which accommodates the “beautiful day” sentiment nicely. The sentiment is from the Love What You Do stamp set which is part of the Share What You Love Suite and the little pearl is from the Artisan Pearls collection in the Share What You Love Suite.
- The Blueberry Bushel anchoring band is 3/4″ X 4″.
Here’s My “Stampin’ Story”…
“To Love What We Do, and “Share What We Love”… that’s part of Stampin’ Up!’s Statement of the Heart.
I love stamping and creating cards. I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator (or “Creative Coach”, as I like to say) for many years, moving well into my 6th year in Mary Fish’s downline, The Stampin’ Pretty Pals. We like to call ourselves “The Pals”. I’m not going to say what a wonderful Upline Mary is or what a fabulous group the Pals are… She absolutely is and They absolutely are… and one Pal, among many who I call “friend” sent me one of his beautiful handmade cards a few months ago. The card said… “Love Never Gives Up”!
He knows how much I love stamping… designing, creating and sharing my cards, and for some reason, I wasn’t doing it. Occasionally, I would read his card and occasionally I would think about planning a few blog posts, but just didn’t do it. Recently and out of the blue, another creative and special friend gave me loads of Stampin’ Up! supplies to use and share. I think I got the message! I’m blogging again, planning my next card class for August and enjoying creating and sharing my cards.
Thank you, Mary Fish for the unending support and guidance you give to all your Pals, and thank you Brian King for your friendship and beautiful card.
So, grab your favorite patterned paper, add a bold and beautiful sentiment, just a little bling, and create something fabulous to share!
Just a reminder:
- Take advantage of the Designer Series Paper Sale – Buy three get one FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
- Join the Stampin’ Up! Family through July 31st and get an ink pad assortment FREE! The details are at my Online Store. Click below.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Here’s the supply list for today’s project:
A very special friend is celebrating her birthday on Friday. I thought this card would be a perfect way to say “Happy Birthday”.
The Basic Black card base and layer make a nice neutral canvas for the beautiful colors in the patterned paper. The patterned paper is from “Whole Lot of Lovely” Designer Series Paper and is one of the selections in the Designer Series Paper Sale going on now at Stampin’ Up!. The patterns range from pretty, delicate florals to colorful, bolder stripes and dots. I used Powder Pink card stock as an accent color for this card. That Gold Faceted Gem adds just the right amount of sparkle.
So grab your Basic Black card stock, add some pretty patterned paper and a bold sentiment, crop a few flagged banners, and create something amazing!
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE WORLD CARD MAKING DAY PROMOTION
Click on the banner below for all the details.
THERE’S STILL TIME FOR THE BUY THREE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE
Click on the banner below for all the details.
Happy Sunday and Welcome October!
Here’s a sweet and simple note card that I put together in just a few minutes. A few strands from a piece of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon is just the right amount of embellishment!
- The Whisper White Note Cards and Wood Words stamp set are 15% off starting today through October 10th. Take a look at the details below.
- The Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack, which coordinates with the Wood Words stamp set can be FREE with the purchase of three Designer Series Paper selections.
So, pick out a stamp set ON SALE, grab yourself a set of Note Cards ON SALE, stock up on your favorite Designer Series Paper, add a little Burlap Ribbon and create something sweet!
World Card Making Day has been an annual event for a very long time. The actual Day is always in the beginning of October and those of us who enjoy making hand made cards celebrate the creativity and personal connection hand made cards make between loved ones and friends. This year, the world celebrates the Day on Saturday, October 7th. I’m looking forward to meeting up with some old and new friends in Atlanta for the celebration… it’s always a fun day.
- To make it more exciting and fun for you to celebrate along with us, Stampin’ Up! is offering a fabulous new promotion that will last 10 days… from today through October 10th. With 15% off selected items, you can order a few “essentials” to celebrate your creativity your way! Click here for all the details.
- AND… To make it even more interesting…. Stampin’ Up! is also giving away one FREE Designer Series Paper selection if you purchase three.
- NOW, if you take advantage of the “World Card Making Day” sale and choose a stamp set or two, or three, purchase the Fast Fuse adhesive, (you will get two Fast Fuse refills FREE), and choose some Designer Series Paper to coordinate with your stamp sets, you’ll have the essentials to create your own beautiful cards.
Happy new week!
If you’re in the midst of the winter storm coming to the Northeast early this week, I hope you are safe, warm and well. I just heard a forecast for New Jersey and we’re supposed to get the greater part of 18 inches of snow. I’m not looking forward to that since we had a taste of Spring last week. Snow is pretty though, especially when it’s falling, so I’ll enjoy the view.
Speaking of Spring, let’s get to today’s card. My “Spring Butterfly” is another generic card… happy birthday, thinking of you, get well, wedding, and I’m sure you can think of a few more occasions. Another “Clean and Simple” card, I finished this one in just a few minutes.
My inspiration for this card was Stampin’ Up!’s 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. Take a look at the image from the Catalog below. I used the cropped butterfly image with the gold thread behind it, the sentiment stamp is the same and the colors are the same.
The photo inspired me because I liked the softness of the color palette.
Here’s the simple “How To”: All images are from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterfly Basics stamp set and the cropped butterfly is from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterflies Thinlits Dies.
- Start with a Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Crop a Whisper White layer measuring 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- Directly in the center of the layer, stamp the fern image in Pear Pizzazz ink (stamp off once). Stamping off once means to ink your image, stamp it on a scrap piece of paper, then stamp onto your project. The image will stamp lighter.
- Ink up the honeycomb stamp with Sahara Sand ink and, stamping off once, stamp the honeycomb on the bottom left corner and the middle right side of the layer. (I used half the honeycomb image on the middle right side).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom right corner with Sahara Sand ink.
- Crop the medium butterfly from the Butterflies Thinlies Dies using Pool Party card stock.
- Roll up some Gold Metallic Thread and anchor it to the stamped fern image about 1/3 from the bottom of the image.
- Attach the butterfly to the fern with some green glue
- Add a few embellishments (remember the design “rule of thirds”).
- Attach your finished layer to your card base with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Send your card to someone very special!
So, pull out your Stampin’ Up! 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, pour your favorite cup of tea and find your inspiration to create something stunning!