Let’s Sale-A-Brate today! Here’s a quick and easy thank you card that you can re-create in minutes. I’ve included a quick tutorial for this card below.
The Sweet Strawberry Bundle includes the Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set and the Strawberry Builder Punch. The stamp set has 16 images including 5 mixed font sentiment stamps that you can use for just about any occasion. I really love the sentiment font in this stamp set. Sweet Strawberry is another fun Bundle in the new Mini Catalog.
The Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper is part of a FREE product bundle in the Sale-A-Bration catalog. You can download both the new Mini Catalog and the Sale-A-Bration Brochure at the end of this post. I’ve also included a FREE PDF Wish List Form you can download. Use the Wish List Form to jot down your favorites.
I wanted to create something bright and cheerful. Each and every pattern in this Designer Series Paper pack is bright and cheerful but it was the checked pattern on my sentiment layer that caught my eye. The rest of the card evolved from that strip of patterned paper.
Below is a quick Tutorial for today’s card.
- Start with a Basic White A-2 card base.
- My second card layer cut from Poppy Parade cardstock and measures 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- The strawberry patterned paper top layer is 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- The Poppy Parade sentiment layer base is 4″ x 1 1/4″.
- The checked patterned paper sentiment layer is 4″ x 1″.
- I stamped “thank you” in Memento Black ink onto a Basic White cardstock strip measuring 3 1/4″ x 3/4″.
- The berry leaves are fussy cut from a strip of the Berry Delightful DSP.
So, pull out some colorful patterned paper, cut a layer or two, add a cool sentiment and create something bright and cheerful.
…the only limitation is your imagination.
Click on each image below for more product detail
Here’s what you need to know.
- Sale-A-Bration is a huge SALE event!
- For every $50 in product purchases, you will receive a FREE Sale-A-Bration item.
- The FREE products are showcased in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure which you can download below.
- As you order, my shopping website will prompt you to add your Sale-A-Bration FREE product choice(s) so the process is very easy.
- Many of the Sale-A-Bration items coordinate with the new products in the Mini Catalog.
- If you’re not sure about which products they are, send me an email and I’d be happy to respond..
THE JANUARY-JUNE MINI CATALOG IS HERE:
- The new products are available through June 30, 2021.
- If you placed an order with me over the past year, you should have already received your catalog in the mail.
- If you haven’t received it, please email me and I will get a copy out to you.
- Below is a PDF download of the new catalog. Take a few minutes to download and save it. Have fun creating your new “Wish List”.
I’m excited to share these simple and quick cards with you. Yesterday, I opened my Flower & Field Designer Series Paper pack and took a good look at all of the designs. One is prettier than the next. This paper pack is FREE with a $50.00 product purchase. It wasn’t easy for me to pick a pattern to showcase today because there are so many pretty floral sheets. Of course, I went with a blue again! I’m working on changing that… maybe!
A standard A-2 Basic Black card base works well with a layer of Seaside Spray for the card below. That thin layer of Seaside Spray helps the flowers in the patterned layer pop. I love the white polka dots on the black background.
This sentiment font is so classy. The sentiments are from the Heal Your Heart set in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure. It’s also FREE with a $50.00 product purchase.
The Stitched Rectangles Dies in the card below are perfect for the sentiment layers. The sentiment is stamped with Misty Moonlight ink and I added a few silver Metallic Basic Pearls for a little interest.
The next card, made with almost identical supplies, has a very different look. I used the same Basic Black card base and the same patterned paper. Rather than using Seaside Spray from the patterned paper as an accent color, I used Just Jade. A few small changes alters the entire look of the card. The reverse side of the floral patterns have very subtle designs that will work well for just about anything.
So let’s recap. With a $100 product purchase from any of the current catalogs, you can get the Flower and Field Designer Series Paper pack along with the Heal Your Heart stamp set absolutely FREE during Sale-A-Bration.
So, grab your patterned paper, add a layer or two and a classy sentiment and create something simple and quick!
…the only limitation is your imagination!
Click on any picture below for additional product details.
It’s Sunday and time for a color challenge over at the Paper Players. Ann chose Blackberry Bliss, Bumblebee and Misty Moonlight. These are three vibrant colors with lots of deep tones. They make a great combination.
For my inspiration card, I chose to go with Stampin’ Up!’s Garden Wishes Bundle.
My card is a simple A-2 white card base with a layer of Misty Moonlight which would serve as the backdrop for the rest of my design. I chose a subtle Bumblebee patterned paper from the Dandy Garden DSP stack. Not sure where to go from there, I took a look at the Dandy Wishes Dies and found my match. I die cut a white flower image that matched the pattern in the Designer Series Paper. Now I had a “pattern repeat” in my design so I knew the rest would be easy.
My only thought was to keep a good color balance. I had a good amount of Bumblebee and Misty Moonlight so I had to work on adding some Blackberry Bliss. The “Gallon-Quart-Pint” color design rule came to mind. Now that I had a “gallon” of Bumblebee and a “quart” of Misty Moonlight, I had to keep Blackberry Bliss to a “pint”.
I decided to practice my fussy cutting and hand cut the dragonfly image from some patterned paper. The little Blackberry Bliss die cut flower helped me balance the Blackberry Bliss as did stamping my sentiment in Blackberry Bliss.
So, grab some cardstock, add a few layers and a cropped image or two and join us over at the Paper Player’s Color Challenge this week. Be sure to take a look at the Design Team’s beautiful inspiration.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE
Happy first Saturday of 2021 to you!
Today’s post is another Sneak Peek of two new products and one is absolutely FREE!
The patterned circles are from a new stamp set called Circle Celebration. I think this is another one of those stamp sets that could go a long way. I tend to line up my most often used stamp sets right on my craft desk next to my ink. They’re always in clear sight in the event I change my mind on a project or need a little something more to finish a card. I’ve also gotten loads of project inspiration because one cute stamp or cool sentiment caught my eye. When I was making my Wish List from the upcoming January-June Mini Catalog, Circle Celebration made round one.
I stamped all of the circles with Night of Navy ink and cut them with coordinating circle punches. For the small flower circle, I used a 1/2″ punch, for the largest circle I used a 2″ punch and for the medium circle, I used a 1 3/8″ punch. The Layering Circle Dies coordinate with this set if you choose to die cut. I punched a few circles from Night of Navy cardstock and once I had all of the circles cut, I randomly placed them on my card front. I added a small sentiment banner and a small epoxy circle embellishment.
There’s no lighting glare on my card, I promise! The Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper fades from lighter color tones to darker. There are 48 6′ X 6″ sheets of paper, 12 each of 1 double sided design in four colors: Rococo Rose, Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss and Granny Apple Green. This paper pack is FREE with a $50 product purchase during the Sale-A-Bration sales period.
This card is Quick and Easy without a doubt. My color inspiration came directly from the new mini catalog.
So, stamp and punch a few circles, add a sentiment and a little embellishment and create something quick and easy.
…the only limitation is your imagination!
A few days ago, I posted a fun fold arrow flap gatefold card. I enjoy designing gatefold cards, but that was my first arrow flap and gatefold in one card. It was fun to put together. If you missed the post, you can see it here. The colors in the card were so much fun to work with that I decided to use the same colors and fussy cut another set of coffee cups to make a regular card.
You can always use a thank you card and I know exactly where this card is heading. I have a friend who loves her coffee as much as I love mine and she would enjoy receiving this “thank you”.
The Press On stamp set is on the 2020 Holiday Mini Catalog Retired List. It’s available now through January 4, 2021. I’m happy to have it and I’ve used it quite a bit. The images have a clean, whimsical feel and the sentiments are fun and positive. Who doesn’t appreciate a good cup of coffee?
Here’s a quick “How To”:
- Start with a standard A-2 Night of Navy card base cut at 4 1/4″ X 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a Coastal Cabana layer at 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″.
- The Whisper White layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″. The white layer is a good base for the card design.
- On the right side of the Whisper White layer, measure down from the top to 2 5/8″. I put a little pencil mark on that spot.
- I attached one of the corners of the patterned paper to the pencil mark and adhered the rest of the patterned paper to the Whisper White layer.
- Attach a 1/2″ scrap of Coastal Cabana card stock along the top and bottom of the patterned paper point.
- There’s a lot of trimming to do since you have all this paper hanging off the edges of your neatly cropped Whisper White layer.
- Simply turn the Whisper White layer with the wrong side facing you and trim off all the excess paper from the back.
- Stamp three coffee cups with Night of Navy Ink, fussy cut and attach them to the patterned paper with dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment with Night of Navy ink on either of the Coastal Cabana borders.
- Add a few white dots from All The Trimmings Embellishments (which are going to be deeply discounted on December 8th).
So, get yourself a clean, whimsical stamp set, add a few happy colors and create a “thank you” for a friend.
…the only limitation is your imagination!