I hope your Thursday is a happy one!
It really doesn’t get any easier than this. Of course I had lots of help with Stampin’ Up!’s Well Written Dies. There are 24 dies in the set and I guarantee you will use them over and over again. You can mix up the words or just use one. A quick run through your die cutting machine and your done. I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere the cropped sentiment to the Night of Navy card band.
The Night of Navy and Whisper White striped Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper is stunning! The printed texture gives the look of painted canvas or linen. I hand cropped the little flagged banner. I thought that corner of the card needed just a little something extra.
Here are the card layer dimensions:
- I started with a standard A-2 size Whisper White card base and covered the front with a 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″ Night of Navy card stock panel;
- The first Whisper White layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- The striped Night of Navy and Whisper White DSP is 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″;
- The bottom Night of Navy card band layer is 4 1/4″ X 3 1/4″;
- The Whisper White card band layer is 4 1/4″ X 3 1/8″;
- The Night of Navy top card band sentiment layer is 4 1/4″ X 3″.
Today’s card is that perfect quick card you can pull out and send to anybody along with a handwritten birthday wish, but it does have a more masculine look to me.
So, get yourself some Well Written Dies, cut a few card stock layers, add a flagged banner and create something clean and simple.
A happy Wednesday wish for you!
When I first saw the Noble Peacock Suite, I knew I would own it. It’s blue! The photopolymer stamp images of the Royal Peacock Stamp Set are so beautifully detailed that the matching Detailed Peacock Dies are only a bonus. I’ll save them for another post. Today’s project is simply stamps, ink and paper… oh and a whole lot of bling. My photography doesn’t do this card the justice it deserves.
I have a Stampin’ Story to share about the bling.
I was just finishing up this card when my daughter came by to visit. I was deciding where to add just a few Noble Peacock Rhinestones, when Alison came into my craft room.
She completely ignored the design “rule of thirds” and added the rhinestones to just about every eye in the peacock tail. I have to admit, I liked it and I enjoyed watching her get lost in her own creativity. We stamped a few more cards and now I have to place another order for the rhinestones!!
When Alison was about 3 or 4 years old, she loved anything with rhinestones, fringe and feathers… the more something sparkled, the more she loved it and if it had fringe or feathers, she wouldn’t let it go… she certainly hasn’t lost her love for the sparkle. She’s very much an adult now, and an incredibly dedicated 5th grade school teacher. I am as “proud as a peacock” of all of her accomplishments!
Here’s the Clean and Simple How To:
- I cut a standard A-2 size card base layer in Pretty Peacock card stock, added a 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″ Old Olive card stock layer and cut a 4″ X 5 1/4″ layer of Whisper White;
- I used the Stamparatus to set the large peacock stamp on one flap and the tail overlay stamp on the second flap. The Stamparatus makes stamping this card so easy;
- I stamped the large peacock with Pretty Peacock ink and used my Encore Gold Metallic ink pad to stamp the peacock tail overlay. The gold metallic did show up nicely, but you could also gold emboss the tail overlay for a more textured look.
- The “You are incredible” sentiment is from the Royal Peacock stamp set.
- Added lots and lots of Noble Peacock Rhinestones.
So, grab a beautifully detailed stamp, add a few card stock layers, lots and lots of bling and create something incredible!
Wishing you all a joyful Monday!
Did you know that the hummingbird is slightly different from other feathered creatures? They can fly in any direction and hover in one spot appearing to be motionless. The hummingbird brings joy to flowers as it helps them reproduce. Plants flower and live because of the hummingbird. The hummingbird is also a symbol of joy for us!! Okay, I’m finished… now we can talk about today’s card.
Look at this stunning patterned paper! It’s the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper. It’s hard to see in the photo, but this paper has the texture of mosaic tile and a slight sheen; it is a heavier weight making it perfect for little gift boxes. Color inspiration for your projects is endless with the Mosaic Mood Specialty paper since there are so many colors in this medley. Below is today’s palette.
Below is more inspiration using the Mosaic Mood Suite. For more details and to see the entire Mosaic Mood Suite, you can click HERE or on the picture.
This is one of those quick and easy cards. Below is the simple “how to”:
- I followed a popular simple card sketch, mixed a few of the patterns from Mosaic Mood and fussy cut the hummingbird;
- To bring attention to the patterned paper and give my card a more finished look, I added a Terracotta Tile card stock mat behind each layer piece.
- The sentiment is from a retired stamp set that I just love to use because of the font and its size.
- Most of my cards do have a little bit of bling. I added a few Gold Metallic Pearls which was just enough embellishment.
- I started with a Very Vanilla A-2 size card base and covered the front of the card base with a 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ piece of patterned paper.
- The center Terracotta Tile Layer is 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″ topped with a piece of patterned paper measuring 3″ X 4 1/4″.
- The Terracotta Tile card stock card band is 1 1/4″ X 4 1/4″; just enough to frame out one of the braided stripes designs from the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP.
- The Terracota Tile circle was cropped with a Stitched Circle Framelit and the Very Vanilla circle was punched with the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch.
So grab some gorgeous, textured patterned paper; follow a simple sketch; add a hummingbird and a little bling, and create something joyful!
Happy Friday Friends!
I think this is such a cool stamp set. It’s called “Enjoy Life” and it’s in the current Stampin’ Up! Catalog. The images are crisp and fun and the mixed-font sentiments are a perfect fit for the images. This one has that “Wow” factor.
I used lots of matted layers to create a striking, simple and stable background for the simplicity of the image and sentiment. By keeping the background clean and simple, the images and sentiment really pop. Whisper White and Basic Black could float just about any color choice, but for this project, I went with Granny Apple Green. Even though there’s only a hint of Granny Apple Green, it really does stand out. I was trying to come up with some words to describe the mood of this card. It took a while, but I came up with “comfortably elegant”. What do you think?
Below is the inside of the card…another mixed font sentiment that can be reversed with the sentiment on the front of the card. They work so well together.
So, grab a cool stamp set, get your black and white card stock, add a bold color and create something simple and striking. Oh, and don’t forget the bling!
Here are the supplies I used.
- Stamp Set: Enjoy Life
- Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black and Granny Apple Green
- Ink: Black Mememto, Granny Apple Green
- Green Rhinestone from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones
BONUS DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
For every $50 in product purchases during the month of July, you will receive a $5 Bonus Coupon to redeem in August.
Click the Banner for more details.
It’s been a little while since I posted, but it was only a few days ago that I got together with a few friends to do some stamping, create beautiful projects and chat about the latest and greatest in the paper crafting world. My project was from one of the Suites in the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. I’ll talk about that in tomorrow’s post.
I thought this card would be a fun re-start to sharing some inspiration with you. I actually created a bunch and am sending them off to some recent customers with a little “thank you” gift. They are so pretty!! I used the Crafting Forever stamp set and, of course I had to show off Stampin’ Up!’s new 2019-2021 In Colors. They’re muted tones of on trend colors: Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Purple Posy, Seaside Spray and Pretty Peacock. And, not surprisingly, I gravitated toward the blue as I usually do.
Below is a quick “how to” for this clean and simple card:
- Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Seaside Spray layer (4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″);
- Whisper White card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 5/8″);
- Seaside Spray gingham patterned paper card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 1/2″).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the patterned paper with Early Espresso ink.
- Crop the large oval from the Stitched Shapes die.
- Stamp the paint brush pot image in the center of the Whisper White oval with Early Expresso ink. Stamp a second brush pot image onto the gingham patterned paper.
- Fussy cut only the stamped brush pot image from the gingham paper and glue it on top of the stamped brush pot on the Whisper White oval.
- I used my Blender Pen with and ink from the Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray and Early Espresso ink pads to shade the brushes and the pot.
- I have to admit, coloring is a lot of fun!!
- Of course, when in doubt go with a yellow, so I used a little bit of Crushed Curry ink and my Blender Pen to color in the pencil.
- Add your favorite bling.
So, grab an inspirational stamp set, add a slice of gingham, a little bling and create something clean and pretty!
Below is a list of Stampin’ Up! supplies I used. You can get more details on any of the supplies by clicking HERE or clicking on the shopping bag at the end of this post.
- Stamp Set: Crafting Forever.
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Seaside Spray, 2019-2021 In Color DSP Stack.
- Ink: Balmy Blue, Early Espresso, Rococo Rose, Terracotta Tile, Crushed Curry.
- Tools: Stitched Shapes Dies, Blender Pen, Dimensionals.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!