Today I wanted to celebrate a “Stylish Christmas” in July in a clean and simple way. This stamp set is absolutely stunning and it’s “Distinktive”!!! Stampin’ Up!’s Distinktive Stamps are designed using a patented formula to create photo realistic images on rubber stamps to give dimension. Distinktive Stamps are a simple way to get the look of Two-Step Stamping with one stamp.
The stamp set is simple, elegant, and once stamped, the images look like a watercolor masterpiece. I chose two new colors, Lovely Lipstick and Granny Apple Green. I like the way the brightness of the two colors blend with the simplicity of the stamps. The swirly background stamp is so pretty and the sentiment font is lovely.
I fussy cut the images for this card, and although I like to fussy cut, some images are more time consuming than others. These images are so easy and quick to fussy cut.
This was such an easy card to create. I’m so glad I added Stylish Christmas to my holiday stamp collection.
So, grab a pretty stamp, add some bright colors and create something stylish!
Just a few reminders:
- Time is running out to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper Promotion. Sale ends July 31st.
- Take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s July Stampin Pad Family Promotion. Click here for all the details.
Here’s another quick and easy card… a great sketch when you have to make a bunch. All of the elements for this card are from Stampin’ Up!’s Merry Little Christmas Suite. I really wasn’t sure about these colors for the Holidays since I’ve always enjoyed the traditional reds, greens, golds and white. When it all came together, I was very happy with the combination.
The graphics in the Holiday Catalog were my inspiration. The musical note patterned paper, the sentiment font from the Carols of Christmas stamp set, the beautiful and natural Jute Twine, and the color combination make this card “comfortable”. I splattered some Old Olive and Crumb Cake ink over the sentiment square to give it a little dimension. For just a bit of sparkle, I added a 1/2″ punched circle from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper over the letter “P” in Peace. The “sparkle” is hard to see in the photo, but it really does pop on the card.
Here are the dimensions for the sketch if you want to give it a try:
- The base is a standard A-2 card base in Basic Black card stock;
- The Old Olive layer is 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″;
- The musical note DSP layer is 3″ X 5″;
- The Basic Black matt under the sentiment layer is a 3″ square;
- The sentiment layer is a 2 7/8″ square.
So, grab your favorite card stock, add a few layers, stamp a “peaceful” sentiment and create something comfortable to share for the Holidays!
Just a friendly reminder:
October 10th is the deadline to sign up for Paper Pumpkin. Don’t miss the October Paper Pumpkin Kit and the coordinating November Paper Pumpkin Kit. Delivered right to your door, you’ll have everything you’ll need to create Holiday cards and gifts. For all the details, click on the banner below:
The Quilted Christmas Suite is at the top of “my favorites” list. When I saw the Product Suite in the Holiday Catalog, I thought it was crisp, clean and versatile. I knew I would use it way beyond the holidays. Here’s a very simple card that I put together in just a few minutes. This project is all about the patterned paper…
Here’s the quick “How To”…
- The large “quilted star” in the background is actually a pattern from the Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper Stack. It can be cut perfectly into a 3″ square. The sheet is a 6″ square with four quilted star patterns on it. You can crop four 3″ square quilted stars from one sheet.
- I attached a quilted star square to a 3 1/4″ square of Real Red card stock and added a hand cropped Lemon Lime Twist banner across the center.
- For a little embellishment, I cut a few triangles from one of the patterned paper sheets and layered them onto the cropped banner.
- An 8″ strip of the 1/4″ Quilted Christmas Ribbon, which is absolutely beautiful and soft, worked to bring all my colors together.
- The pretty leaf patterned flower medallion is stamped with Garden Green ink. I cropped it with a matching Quilt Builder Framelit Die. The flower and “peace” sentiment are images from the Christmas Quilt stamp set.
Below are a few additional projects you can complete with the Quilted Christmas Suite. Click here or on the image below to get all the details on the beautiful coordinating products included in this Suite.
So, grab your favorite patterned paper, crop a large “Focal Point” pattern, embellish with a few more “patterns” and create something clean, crisp and simple.
(Click on the banner below for Designer Series Paper Sale Details)
October 1st – 31st: Designer Series Paper Sale – Today’s post is all about patterned paper and its inspiration for projects. For the month of October, Stampin’ Up! is having a Designer Series Paper Sale. If you purchase three of the Designer Series Paper Sale Selections, you will get one selection FREE. This is a great way to stock up on your favorites or share the sale benefits with a friend. Click here for prices and images of the Designer Series Paper Sale Selections.
(Click on the banner below for World Card Making Day Sale Details)
October 1st – 10th: World Card Making Day – Celebrate World Card Making Day with us and get 15% off select card making essentials. This year, the world celebrates the Day on Saturday, October 7th. You can get all the details for the sale products by either clicking here or on the banner above. I’m going to be stocking up on some Fast Fuse.
- NOW, if you take advantage of the “World Card Making Day” sale and choose a stamp set or two, or three, purchase the Fast Fuse adhesive, (you will get two Fast Fuse refills FREE), and choose some Designer Series Paper to coordinate with your stamp sets, you’ll have the essentials to create your own beautiful cards.
It’s been a while since I hopped on to The Paper Players Challenge Blog. Sandy gave us a simple sketch this week, and my inspiration came from a scrap of the “Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper” that was laying on top of my scrap basket… a perfect example that inspiration can be found anywhere. So now I have a simple sketch and my colors… what next?
My project had to be “holiday” and had to be “winter”… just because I wanted it that way. The Night of Navy and Whisper White polka dot patterned paper reminded me of snow falling at night, so I created my own patterned paper using the large snowflake stamp from the “Holly Jolly Greetings” stamp set on page 34 in the Annual Catalog. This is another stamp set that you will use again and again for the holidays and beyond. I used several stamps from the set for the inside of my card.
Here’s how it all came together:
- I inked up the large snowflake stamp with Whisper White Craft Stampin Ink and stamped only one full snowflake image on my patterned paper layer.
- Then, I stamped a few more snowflakes on the edges of my layer to create more of a pattern. The craft ink gives an opaque look to the stamped image, which is exactly what I wanted. The large snowflake images don’t blend in with the white polka dots; they look like they’re floating over the “snow”. My original DSP (Debbie’s Special Paper)!
- I hand cropped a Night of Navy flagged banner and cropped the “peace” sentiment using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits.
- A little tip to adhere those delicate thinlits where you want them… pour out a thin square inch of green glue onto a paper scrap. Using one quarter of a Stamping Sponge, spread some of the glue onto the sponge and lightly and carefully brush it over the back of the thinlit. Your delicate thinlit is ready to place onto your project… easy and quick. After I use my sponge, I usually rinse it, let it dry and store it in plastic bag to use again for this purpose.
- I added just a few white sequins to my banner and tucked a few rounds of Whisper White Thick Baker’s Twine behind the banner to help my sentiment pop and keep the look of the card “casual”.
So, grab a favorite patterned paper, add a few opaque snowflakes and a large sentiment, and create something peaceful.
Cheers for Stampin’ Up!’s “Here’s To Cheers” Clear Mount Stamp Set… and it’s part of the current “Online Extravaganza” promotion going on right now. Act fast, you can only get this great deal for another day. This stamp set is 20% off and you’ll use it again and again.
For the past two weeks, I’ve been hosting card classes and this stamp set and card was a huge success. How’s this for a holiday greeting, or a sparkling “Happy New Year” note, or even a special birthday wish… and how about adding some glitter and gold?
Same sketch, same stamp, two different cards.
- I put together both cards using a standard A-2 (5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″) card base with Whisper White card stock.
- Each flagged banner is hand cropped and measures 2″ X 3 1/2″. The banner in the first card is cropped from a strop of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (p. 175 in the Annual Catalog).
- I punched all of the circles with my 2″ Circle Punch using Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White and older Brushed Gold card stock (the Gold Foil Sheet featured in the current Annual Catalog would be just as pretty).
- The gorgeous Sweet Sugarplum ribbon is from the current Holiday Catalog. It’s full of shimmering texture and very soft.
- I added a few Fancy Frost sequins to the top card and punched a few 1/2″ circles from the Gold and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.
- Sweet Sugarplum card stock and ink is a beautiful contrast to the Whisper White base.
So, find that special stamp, punch a few circles, add a flagged banner, and create something stunning!