It’s been a little while since I posted, but it was only a few days ago that I got together with a few friends to do some stamping, create beautiful projects and chat about the latest and greatest in the paper crafting world. My project was from one of the Suites in the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. I’ll talk about that in tomorrow’s post.
I thought this card would be a fun re-start to sharing some inspiration with you. I actually created a bunch and am sending them off to some recent customers with a little “thank you” gift. They are so pretty!! I used the Crafting Forever stamp set and, of course I had to show off Stampin’ Up!’s new 2019-2021 In Colors. They’re muted tones of on trend colors: Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Purple Posy, Seaside Spray and Pretty Peacock. And, not surprisingly, I gravitated toward the blue as I usually do.
Below is a quick “how to” for this clean and simple card:
- Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Seaside Spray layer (4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″);
- Whisper White card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 5/8″);
- Seaside Spray gingham patterned paper card band layer (5 3/8″ X 1 1/2″).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the patterned paper with Early Espresso ink.
- Crop the large oval from the Stitched Shapes die.
- Stamp the paint brush pot image in the center of the Whisper White oval with Early Expresso ink. Stamp a second brush pot image onto the gingham patterned paper.
- Fussy cut only the stamped brush pot image from the gingham paper and glue it on top of the stamped brush pot on the Whisper White oval.
- I used my Blender Pen with and ink from the Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray and Early Espresso ink pads to shade the brushes and the pot.
- I have to admit, coloring is a lot of fun!!
- Of course, when in doubt go with a yellow, so I used a little bit of Crushed Curry ink and my Blender Pen to color in the pencil.
- Add your favorite bling.
So, grab an inspirational stamp set, add a slice of gingham, a little bling and create something clean and pretty!
Below is a list of Stampin’ Up! supplies I used. You can get more details on any of the supplies by clicking HERE or clicking on the shopping bag at the end of this post.
- Stamp Set: Crafting Forever.
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Seaside Spray, 2019-2021 In Color DSP Stack.
- Ink: Balmy Blue, Early Espresso, Rococo Rose, Terracotta Tile, Crushed Curry.
- Tools: Stitched Shapes Dies, Blender Pen, Dimensionals.
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
Today’s card is all about the patterned paper. It’s bright shades of painted Raspberry Ripple highlighted with a Basic Black whimsical stripe. Every design in the Share What You Love Designer Series Paper is stunning! The patterns range from softly shaded florals to this whimsical stripe. The creative possibilities are endless.
The “Thank You” sentiment is from the “Love What You Do” stamp set which coordinates beautifully with the DSP. The sentiment is bold and clean.
My Basic Gray flagged banner is a piece from the Memories and More Card Pack. The Tailored Tag Punch gave me my sentiment layer and I added a few thin strips of Basic Black card stock to the back of my sentiment layer to frame it and add a little dimension.
The white enamel dot embellishment adds a little something, don’t you agree?
So, grab your favorite patterned paper, add a bold sentiment layer and create something fun!
Just a few days left to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper Sale!
JOIN the Stampin’ Up! Family and get your selection of fresh, new ink pads, FREE!
Today I wanted to celebrate a “Stylish Christmas” in July in a clean and simple way. This stamp set is absolutely stunning and it’s “Distinktive”!!! Stampin’ Up!’s Distinktive Stamps are designed using a patented formula to create photo realistic images on rubber stamps to give dimension. Distinktive Stamps are a simple way to get the look of Two-Step Stamping with one stamp.
The stamp set is simple, elegant, and once stamped, the images look like a watercolor masterpiece. I chose two new colors, Lovely Lipstick and Granny Apple Green. I like the way the brightness of the two colors blend with the simplicity of the stamps. The swirly background stamp is so pretty and the sentiment font is lovely.
I fussy cut the images for this card, and although I like to fussy cut, some images are more time consuming than others. These images are so easy and quick to fussy cut.
This was such an easy card to create. I’m so glad I added Stylish Christmas to my holiday stamp collection.
So, grab a pretty stamp, add some bright colors and create something stylish!
Just a few reminders:
- Time is running out to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper Promotion. Sale ends July 31st.
- Take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s July Stampin Pad Family Promotion. Click here for all the details.
Today’s project is quick, easy and I think it’s quite eye catching.
It wasn’t me who created that beautiful water color background, it was Stampin’ Up!. The top layer is simply a card from the Delightfully Detailed Memories and More Card Pack. You can create your own projects in just a few minutes. Cut a few card bases as I did for this card, or pick up the matching Delightfully Detailed Note Cards and Envelopes use your imagination to create a bunch of beautifully detailed cards. And, of course, don’t forget the bling! The coordinating Faceted Dots add the perfect finishing touch.
Here’s another sample of a card using the Delightfully Detailed Memories and More Card Pack. I did get a little carried away playing with the paper patterns and just had to use that grid paper!
The Card pack includes:
- 50 double-sided cards
- 6 single-sided laser-cut specialty cards
- 4 sticker sheets
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, and white.
So, grab your favorite layer, add a card base and a little bling and create something simple and sweet!
Here’s a Clean and Simple project for today. Done in just a few minutes, I punched, stamped, fussy cut, added a few dimensionals, and of course a little bling, and my masterpiece was complete. With the help of the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper, my vase alone looks like a unique work of art.
When a new catalog comes out, I create my own “Wish List” as most of us stampers do. I seem to gravitate toward the Bundles for the savings and for the ease of coordination in any project. The Varied Vases Bundle was on the top of my List. There really is so much you can do with it… punch a vase, add a flower (or not), stamp a sentiment, add a layer (or two), add a little color with Two-Step Stamping (or not), and the possibilities go on and on. Varied Vases is one of those Bundles that goes on and on.
Here’s the quick and easy “How To”;
- Cut a standard A-2 card base and add a layer. I used Whisper White card stock.
- I stamped the sentiment first, using my Stamparatus (a must have Tool). This helped me place my sentiment exactly where I wanted it and I was able to get a clean, crisp stamped image.
- Once my sentiment was stamped, I punched a vase and placed it on my card with a sticky note. I was able to use my Pacific Point marker to draw a little stem.
- I attached the vase with a few Mini Dimensionals.
- I used my Stamparatus to stamp my flower using two of the images from the Varied Vases stamp set. I stamped the outline of the floral image with Pacific Point ink, then used the matching filler image and stamped the flower color in Soft Sea Foam ink.
- The stamps are photopolymer which made the Two-Step stamping very easy and quick.
- I fussy cut the flower which really didn’t take long and added that to my stem with a few more Mini Dimensionals.
- I am a sequin girl, but that wouldn’t work on this card… I added a few Faceted Dots in Soft Sea Foam which worked perfectly.
With the Varied Vases Bundle and the patterns in the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper, you can make a few beautiful cards in different colors, package them up and give someone special a thoughtful, handmade gift.
So, grab the Varied Bases Bundle, the Garden Impressions DSP Stack, add a little bling and create a thoughtful gift!
SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!