What can show more gratitude than this sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Enjoy Life stamp set? Enjoy Life is one of my favorite stamp sets. I’ve used it again and again. It’s one of the Last Chance products from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. A perfect thought for the current world environment… don’t you agree?
Random acts of kindness always put a smile on the faces of the receiver and there is no doubt that whoever receives a hand made thank you card like this will smile.
This simple card was built with four layers on a standard A-2 card base. I used Basic Black and Whisper White card stock and added a center slice of Granny Apple Green.
A little bit of Granny Apple Green ink took this project to the next level. I’m sure a little slice of Lovely Lipstick, Poppy Parade or Crushed Curry in place of the Granny Apple Green would look great, and what a beautiful note card set a combination of those colors would make.
Click here for the link to my original post
Take a look at the current Last Chance Product list. You can download it by clicking here or on the image below and think about adding Enjoy Life to your stamp set collection.
So… download the Last Chance PDF, get out your Granny Apple Green card stock, say “thanks” to someone, and Enjoy Life!
Be safe and stay well!
Hugs to you!
CLICK TO SHOP MY ONLINE STORE AT STAMPIN’ UP!
I hope your Thursday is a happy one!
It really doesn’t get any easier than this. Of course I had lots of help with Stampin’ Up!’s Well Written Dies. There are 24 dies in the set and I guarantee you will use them over and over again. You can mix up the words or just use one. A quick run through your die cutting machine and your done. I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere the cropped sentiment to the Night of Navy card band.
The Night of Navy and Whisper White striped Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper is stunning! The printed texture gives the look of painted canvas or linen. I hand cropped the little flagged banner. I thought that corner of the card needed just a little something extra.
Here are the card layer dimensions:
- I started with a standard A-2 size Whisper White card base and covered the front with a 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″ Night of Navy card stock panel;
- The first Whisper White layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- The striped Night of Navy and Whisper White DSP is 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″;
- The bottom Night of Navy card band layer is 4 1/4″ X 3 1/4″;
- The Whisper White card band layer is 4 1/4″ X 3 1/8″;
- The Night of Navy top card band sentiment layer is 4 1/4″ X 3″.
Today’s card is that perfect quick card you can pull out and send to anybody along with a handwritten birthday wish, but it does have a more masculine look to me.
So, get yourself some Well Written Dies, cut a few card stock layers, add a flagged banner and create something clean and simple.
A happy Wednesday wish for you!
When I first saw the Noble Peacock Suite, I knew I would own it. It’s blue! The photopolymer stamp images of the Royal Peacock Stamp Set are so beautifully detailed that the matching Detailed Peacock Dies are only a bonus. I’ll save them for another post. Today’s project is simply stamps, ink and paper… oh and a whole lot of bling. My photography doesn’t do this card the justice it deserves.
I have a Stampin’ Story to share about the bling.
I was just finishing up this card when my daughter came by to visit. I was deciding where to add just a few Noble Peacock Rhinestones, when Alison came into my craft room.
She completely ignored the design “rule of thirds” and added the rhinestones to just about every eye in the peacock tail. I have to admit, I liked it and I enjoyed watching her get lost in her own creativity. We stamped a few more cards and now I have to place another order for the rhinestones!!
When Alison was about 3 or 4 years old, she loved anything with rhinestones, fringe and feathers… the more something sparkled, the more she loved it and if it had fringe or feathers, she wouldn’t let it go… she certainly hasn’t lost her love for the sparkle. She’s very much an adult now, and an incredibly dedicated 5th grade school teacher. I am as “proud as a peacock” of all of her accomplishments!
Here’s the Clean and Simple How To:
- I cut a standard A-2 size card base layer in Pretty Peacock card stock, added a 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″ Old Olive card stock layer and cut a 4″ X 5 1/4″ layer of Whisper White;
- I used the Stamparatus to set the large peacock stamp on one flap and the tail overlay stamp on the second flap. The Stamparatus makes stamping this card so easy;
- I stamped the large peacock with Pretty Peacock ink and used my Encore Gold Metallic ink pad to stamp the peacock tail overlay. The gold metallic did show up nicely, but you could also gold emboss the tail overlay for a more textured look.
- The “You are incredible” sentiment is from the Royal Peacock stamp set.
- Added lots and lots of Noble Peacock Rhinestones.
So, grab a beautifully detailed stamp, add a few card stock layers, lots and lots of bling and create something incredible!
Wishing you all a joyful Monday!
Did you know that the hummingbird is slightly different from other feathered creatures? They can fly in any direction and hover in one spot appearing to be motionless. The hummingbird brings joy to flowers as it helps them reproduce. Plants flower and live because of the hummingbird. The hummingbird is also a symbol of joy for us!! Okay, I’m finished… now we can talk about today’s card.
Look at this stunning patterned paper! It’s the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper. It’s hard to see in the photo, but this paper has the texture of mosaic tile and a slight sheen; it is a heavier weight making it perfect for little gift boxes. Color inspiration for your projects is endless with the Mosaic Mood Specialty paper since there are so many colors in this medley. Below is today’s palette.
Below is more inspiration using the Mosaic Mood Suite. For more details and to see the entire Mosaic Mood Suite, you can click HERE or on the picture.
This is one of those quick and easy cards. Below is the simple “how to”:
- I followed a popular simple card sketch, mixed a few of the patterns from Mosaic Mood and fussy cut the hummingbird;
- To bring attention to the patterned paper and give my card a more finished look, I added a Terracotta Tile card stock mat behind each layer piece.
- The sentiment is from a retired stamp set that I just love to use because of the font and its size.
- Most of my cards do have a little bit of bling. I added a few Gold Metallic Pearls which was just enough embellishment.
- I started with a Very Vanilla A-2 size card base and covered the front of the card base with a 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ piece of patterned paper.
- The center Terracotta Tile Layer is 3 1/8″ X 4 3/8″ topped with a piece of patterned paper measuring 3″ X 4 1/4″.
- The Terracotta Tile card stock card band is 1 1/4″ X 4 1/4″; just enough to frame out one of the braided stripes designs from the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP.
- The Terracota Tile circle was cropped with a Stitched Circle Framelit and the Very Vanilla circle was punched with the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch.
So grab some gorgeous, textured patterned paper; follow a simple sketch; add a hummingbird and a little bling, and create something joyful!
Happy Friday Friends!
I think this is such a cool stamp set. It’s called “Enjoy Life” and it’s in the current Stampin’ Up! Catalog. The images are crisp and fun and the mixed-font sentiments are a perfect fit for the images. This one has that “Wow” factor.
I used lots of matted layers to create a striking, simple and stable background for the simplicity of the image and sentiment. By keeping the background clean and simple, the images and sentiment really pop. Whisper White and Basic Black could float just about any color choice, but for this project, I went with Granny Apple Green. Even though there’s only a hint of Granny Apple Green, it really does stand out. I was trying to come up with some words to describe the mood of this card. It took a while, but I came up with “comfortably elegant”. What do you think?
Below is the inside of the card…another mixed font sentiment that can be reversed with the sentiment on the front of the card. They work so well together.
So, grab a cool stamp set, get your black and white card stock, add a bold color and create something simple and striking. Oh, and don’t forget the bling!
Here are the supplies I used.
- Stamp Set: Enjoy Life
- Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black and Granny Apple Green
- Ink: Black Mememto, Granny Apple Green
- Green Rhinestone from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones
BONUS DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
For every $50 in product purchases during the month of July, you will receive a $5 Bonus Coupon to redeem in August.
Click the Banner for more details.