A happy Wednesday wish for you!
When I first saw the Noble Peacock Suite, I knew I would own it. It’s blue! The photopolymer stamp images of the Royal Peacock Stamp Set are so beautifully detailed that the matching Detailed Peacock Dies are only a bonus. I’ll save them for another post. Today’s project is simply stamps, ink and paper… oh and a whole lot of bling. My photography doesn’t do this card the justice it deserves.
I have a Stampin’ Story to share about the bling.
I was just finishing up this card when my daughter came by to visit. I was deciding where to add just a few Noble Peacock Rhinestones, when Alison came into my craft room.
She completely ignored the design “rule of thirds” and added the rhinestones to just about every eye in the peacock tail. I have to admit, I liked it and I enjoyed watching her get lost in her own creativity. We stamped a few more cards and now I have to place another order for the rhinestones!!
When Alison was about 3 or 4 years old, she loved anything with rhinestones, fringe and feathers… the more something sparkled, the more she loved it and if it had fringe or feathers, she wouldn’t let it go… she certainly hasn’t lost her love for the sparkle. She’s very much an adult now, and an incredibly dedicated 5th grade school teacher. I am as “proud as a peacock” of all of her accomplishments!
Here’s the Clean and Simple How To:
- I cut a standard A-2 size card base layer in Pretty Peacock card stock, added a 4 1/8″ X 5 3/8″ Old Olive card stock layer and cut a 4″ X 5 1/4″ layer of Whisper White;
- I used the Stamparatus to set the large peacock stamp on one flap and the tail overlay stamp on the second flap. The Stamparatus makes stamping this card so easy;
- I stamped the large peacock with Pretty Peacock ink and used my Encore Gold Metallic ink pad to stamp the peacock tail overlay. The gold metallic did show up nicely, but you could also gold emboss the tail overlay for a more textured look.
- The “You are incredible” sentiment is from the Royal Peacock stamp set.
- Added lots and lots of Noble Peacock Rhinestones.
So, grab a beautifully detailed stamp, add a few card stock layers, lots and lots of bling and create something incredible!
Today’s project is quick, easy and I think it’s quite eye catching.
It wasn’t me who created that beautiful water color background, it was Stampin’ Up!. The top layer is simply a card from the Delightfully Detailed Memories and More Card Pack. You can create your own projects in just a few minutes. Cut a few card bases as I did for this card, or pick up the matching Delightfully Detailed Note Cards and Envelopes use your imagination to create a bunch of beautifully detailed cards. And, of course, don’t forget the bling! The coordinating Faceted Dots add the perfect finishing touch.
Here’s another sample of a card using the Delightfully Detailed Memories and More Card Pack. I did get a little carried away playing with the paper patterns and just had to use that grid paper!
The Card pack includes:
- 50 double-sided cards
- 6 single-sided laser-cut specialty cards
- 4 sticker sheets
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron, and white.
So, grab your favorite layer, add a card base and a little bling and create something simple and sweet!
Happy new week!
If you’re in the midst of the winter storm coming to the Northeast early this week, I hope you are safe, warm and well. I just heard a forecast for New Jersey and we’re supposed to get the greater part of 18 inches of snow. I’m not looking forward to that since we had a taste of Spring last week. Snow is pretty though, especially when it’s falling, so I’ll enjoy the view.
Speaking of Spring, let’s get to today’s card. My “Spring Butterfly” is another generic card… happy birthday, thinking of you, get well, wedding, and I’m sure you can think of a few more occasions. Another “Clean and Simple” card, I finished this one in just a few minutes.
My inspiration for this card was Stampin’ Up!’s 2016-2017 Annual Catalog. Take a look at the image from the Catalog below. I used the cropped butterfly image with the gold thread behind it, the sentiment stamp is the same and the colors are the same.
The photo inspired me because I liked the softness of the color palette.
Here’s the simple “How To”: All images are from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterfly Basics stamp set and the cropped butterfly is from Stampin’ Up!’s Butterflies Thinlits Dies.
- Start with a Whisper White A-2 card base (4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″);
- Crop a Whisper White layer measuring 4″ X 5 1/4″;
- Directly in the center of the layer, stamp the fern image in Pear Pizzazz ink (stamp off once). Stamping off once means to ink your image, stamp it on a scrap piece of paper, then stamp onto your project. The image will stamp lighter.
- Ink up the honeycomb stamp with Sahara Sand ink and, stamping off once, stamp the honeycomb on the bottom left corner and the middle right side of the layer. (I used half the honeycomb image on the middle right side).
- Stamp the sentiment onto the bottom right corner with Sahara Sand ink.
- Crop the medium butterfly from the Butterflies Thinlies Dies using Pool Party card stock.
- Roll up some Gold Metallic Thread and anchor it to the stamped fern image about 1/3 from the bottom of the image.
- Attach the butterfly to the fern with some green glue
- Add a few embellishments (remember the design “rule of thirds”).
- Attach your finished layer to your card base with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Send your card to someone very special!
So, pull out your Stampin’ Up! 2016-2017 Annual Catalog, pour your favorite cup of tea and find your inspiration to create something stunning!
“Celebrate, Life Looks Beautiful On you! I love, love, love this stamp set and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Did you ever just know when a you have a perfect match? The “Beautiful You” stamp set and “Playful Palette” Designer Series Paper Stack is the perfect match.
“Playful Palette” Designer Series Paper Stack from the Annual Catalog and “Beautiful You” from the upcoming Occasions Catalog were made for each other. The brush stroke patterns in the paper coordinate so well with the brush stroke stamped images.
It doesn’t get any easier than this to create a beautiful card set. The stamped images are playful and elegant at the same time; the sentiment fonts are just perfect, and the sentiments are wonderful words to share with your special friends.
“Bautiful You” will be available on January 4th with the reveal of the new Occasions Catalog and the launch of Sale-A-Bration, Stampin’ Up!’s biggest sale event of the year.
So, grab a great stamp set, find the perfect patterned paper and create something playful and elegant!
Spring is here and change is in the air. The trees are blooming, the grass is green and I was happily walking on the beach this morning. A bit of a cool breeze coming off the ocean, but the sun was bright and the sky a beautiful, clear blue. Hopefully, my schedule will allow for another visit this week and I’ll try to remember to get a picture to share with you all.
Today’s project was inspired by last week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I never got to join their challenge, but the sketches always inspire me. I used some patterned paper from both “Love Blossoms” and “Going Places” DSP Stacks. The stamp set is “Butterfly Basics”. I used almost every stamp in the set for this one! I really do enjoy creating those backgrounds and this stamp set has a few neat stamps that can really inspire your creativity to design a simple collage background. The sentiment is certainly appropriate for this time of year, don’t you agree?
I thought this card would be a good post for today since there are changes going on over at Stampin’ Up! Today is a big day… the “Retired Stamp List” is out and it’s time to pull out your catalog and grab what you might want to add to your collection… the retired sets and supplies are only available while supplies last so don’t hesitate. You can click on the banners below to get all the details.