Hello Friends and Happy Sunday!
It’s Ann’s week at the Paper Players and she has a very cool Sketch Challenge for us. Sketch Challenges are always fun because they give you a lot of artistic license. You can do whatever you want, as long as you follow the sketch. You can turn the sketch upside down, on its side or just follow it as shown.
I thought I would give a new stamp set a little test drive. I used the Frightfully Cute stamp set from the upcoming Mini Catalog. This stamp set is absolutely “frightfully cute”. There are seven Halloween themed images and seven matching sentiments. The images and sentiments are perfect for cards and tags.
Here’s how I put this card together and followed today’s sketch:
- I cut a standard A-2 Pumpkin Pie card base 11″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- The Basic Black layer is 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″;
- The fun Polka Dot patterned paper is part of the Cute Halloween 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. This layer is cut 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- In the center of the design, I added three horizontal strips of cardstock. Two are cut 3/4″ x 3 1/2″. The center strip is 3 1/8″ x 3/4″. I used Highland Heather, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- The Pumpkin Pie sentiment layer is 4 1/8″ x 2 3/8″.
- The Basic White sentiment layer is 2 1/4″ x 4″.
- I used Highland Heather and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink for my stamped images and sentiment.
- Just for fun, I added a few Matte Black Dots.
So, grab some fun patterned paper, add a few layers and a sentiment and create something incredibly cute to link up with us over at the Paper Players.
...the only limitation is your imagination!