Hello Friends! It’s Sunday and time for another Paper Players Challenge. This week, Laurie is challenging us with a “Spooky” Theme.
It’s great to be back to playing along with the rest of this fabulous Design Team. I took some time away to do a little travelling. While I had a wonderful trip, it’s always good to be home.
My card today is a collage including everything “Spooky”. For inspiration, I went straight to the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper. I thought the haunted house pattern would be perfect for the Theme. To me, there’s nothing spookier than a haunted house! The patterned paper also guided my color choice; Old Olive, Basic Black and Basic White.
A few die cuts and a bit of fussy cutting gave me the elements I wanted to use. They’re all from the Frightfully Cute stamp set and matching Frightful Tags Dies. The “Spooky” sentiment is a stamp from a long ago favorite set called Among The Branches. Yes, I went back in time for this one. It’s a perfect “spooky” fit for this design.
Today’s Card Layer Dimensions:
- The Old Olive card base is a top fold A-2 base cut at 11″ x 4 1/4″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- The Basic Black bottom layer is 4 1/8″ x 2 1/4″.
- The patterned paper layer is 3″ x 4 3/8″.
- The Basic Black layer framing the patterned paper layer is 3 1/8″ x 4 1/2″.
- Save these measurements. This card design is easy to duplicate with your favorite stamps, dies and patterned paper.
So, find the perfect “spooky” patterned paper, add some “spooky” die cuts and create something fun to link up with us over at the Paper Players this week.
…the only limitation is your imagination !
For product details, you can click on the images below.